monday night tv

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

My copy arrived today, so now you won't see me for a while - got some catching up to do 8)

Thank you so much Adam! I will send it on to discusred asap.
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi,

Missed the program yesterday. Did I miss much ?

Des.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

yesterday?? how many episodes are there? :lol:
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Des, you are pulling my leg.........aren't you???? :shock:
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Was it not supposed to be a series, of I think, 5 programs/weeks or am I mistaken? Adam confirmed that it was a series in a previous message.

Des.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

ah - phew, I thought there was much more now Des :lol: There was one espisode each night, 5 in all as I understand it.

I just finished watching the first episode. I can't believe how murky the water is! The divers noticed that the fish seemed to sensee where the other fish was, not relying too much on the eyes, but on something else, a sense of some sort - didn't get a clear answer to that. But that's something I've noticed on the Zebras as well! I watch one doing something, totally out of sight of another, but the other Zeb comes out to check what's he doing. I thought I imagined them being able to sense what the others were doing, and where they were, but maybe there's something in it after all.

We did see a couple of L's, but mainly catfish with long whiskers in front, feeling their way to the - very fine sand! I was happy to see that the sand on the bottom of the Amazone is just as fine as mine is, which means that I haven't imagined it when thinking they enjoy digging in the sand :) Must make them feel right at home (although I understand perfectly why those who choose bare bottom do that, and I'm now preparing a tank for the youngsters that will have as little sand as Dr_P's tanks)

Now, if imitating the Amazone is a goal, then turn off the lights in your tanks all! :lol: There's absolutely no light down there day or night :shock:

ok, I'm rambling, I'll stop - this is a must see! I feel priviledged and happy to be able to see this series!

Ok, I'll stop now :lol:

(the sponges were interesting, but nothing you'd like to put in your tank, they didn't look very beautiful - just to say something that isn't euphoric)

ok ok - NOW I'll stop :D
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

McEve,

How many episodes did you receive?.
I thought it would be every monday for 5 weeks.

Regards,
Des.
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Ah, few. There were 5 episodes...but 1 a night from monday to friday.....phew! :D
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Thats terrible. I missed the last 4 episodes.Damn.
Adam , do you have a spare video?

Des.
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

I have 1 video, would you like me to post it to you...then after you watch it, you could maybe post it to someone else..and so on?
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

whats the name of the program?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Du ma the programme was called Amazon Abyss.

Des, sorry mate I should have said that it was a series that ran every day for a week :oops: . I recorded the programmes on my PC, I can send you the DVDs if you want. You would have to watch them through Windows media player. Haven't got around to encoding them to run in normal DVD players yet, it takes ages to do even with a fast PC. I also have the series on VHS, take your pick and I'll sort you out.

Just out of interest this is what the guys over at PC thought of it.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... hp?t=10781
discusred
Groupie

Post by discusred »

Hi jerms55555

I can send you one, if you want to. Contact me for a adress and i send you.
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Cool....I pm you shortly
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

if its possible, can someone upload it? its much more convinente for all of us just do download it