Famous last words

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Famous last words

Post by McEve »

I'll start with the classic:

"Look ma - no hands!"

your turn :wink:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

No takers..? But there are so many good ones! Maybe it's a bit morbid..... ah well, here's another one, a real one!

Allen, Ethan (1738-1789)

"Waiting are they? Waiting are they? Well....let 'em wait."

Ethan Allen was a U.S. patriot and leader of the Green Mountain Boys during the American Revolution. Allen's last words were a deathbed response to an attending doctor who attempted to comfort him by saying, "General, I fear the angels are waiting for you."
sharko
Groupie

Post by sharko »

Ibsen, Henrik (1828-1906)

"On the contrary."

Henrik Ibsen was a Norwegian playwright who achieved international recognition for such classics as A Doll's House and Hedda Gabler. Ibsen suffered a stroke in 1900 and spent the last years of his life confined to bed. One day, he heard his nurse remark to a visitor that he was feeling better. "On the contrary," cut in Ibsen just before he died.

How about that!
Visit my home page and sign my guestbook:)
sharko
Groupie

Post by sharko »

Kennedy, John F. (1917-1963)

"That's obvious."

Kennedy had just responded to the Texas governor's wife's comment, "Mr. President, you can't say that Dallas doesn't love you" when the first of Oswald's bullets struck him in the head.
Last edited by sharko on Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sharko
Groupie

Post by sharko »

Garrett, Johnny Frank (?-1991)

"I'd like to thank my family for loving me and taking care of me. And the rest of the world can kiss my ass."

Garrett brutally murdered a Catholic nun in 1981. Caught, tried, and convicted, Garrett was finally executed in 1991 after exhausting his legal appeals process.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Bankhead, Tallulah (1902-1968)

"codeine . . . bourbon"

Tallulah Bankhead was one of this century's first show business personalities. Her most famous movie role was in Alfred Hitchcock's film, Lifeboat. Notorious for her outrageous behavior and habitual abuse of alcohol, opiates, marijuana, and tobacco, Bankhead died in 1968 when a bout of Asian flu was more than her emphysema could tolerate. Before slipping into a coma after being hooked to a ventilator in a New York City hospital, her only discernible words were barely audible requests for codeine and bourbon.
sharko
Groupie

Post by sharko »

Narvaez, Ramon Maria (1800-1868)

"I do not have to forgive my enemies. I have had them all shot."

Ramon Narvaez was a Spanish politician and general who served repeated terms as prime minister during the mid-18th century.
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

" I drank WHAT?"- Socrates

"Hold my beer."- way too many idjits

"Watch This!" - way too many idjits, again;)