My turn!

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

My turn!

Post by Ed_R »

What do you all think of this one:

I apologize for picture quality, my camera is auto-focus and the bag likes to be in front of the fish;)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Ed_R,

Nice fish, I would guess a female but it's hard to tell due to the picture quality.

Just a word of advice, try taking the camera out of the plastic bag. Your pictures should be a whole lot better. :lol: :lol:
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

Hey what a great idea!;)
I've heard one say male, one say female. At 2 and a half inches it's a safe bet it's not going to grow any more.
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Ed-R,
Apologies,but its no point quessing (due to the picture quality).
If the fish was in a shallow container of some sort, (without the bag in the way) ,you would get a better picture.
What makes you say that it shouldnt grow much more than 2 1/2 "?. Your fish still has some growing to do.
In my view males grow to about 4" total length ( my largest male was 4" when it died suddenly after a feed of frozen bloodworm, a few months back)and females 3 1/2".
Regards,
Des.
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

THis is the biggest one I have ever seen, Des. Granted, I haven't seen tha tmany.....
and no reason to feel bad that yo ucan't sex the thing with the lousy pic!
I will be moving them out of the tank they are in and into a newer tank some time soon, and when I do, I'll take better pics if I can- probably not a good idea to cycle a tank with them, though, so it might be a bit;)
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Ed_R,
I too ,a few years back was trying to breed with a couple of zebras that were only 2". I never knew that they were only only juveniles. I have learnt a lot since.
If I were you I would transfer the existing filter system to the new tank, maybe in addition to another, but wouldnt want to put them into a new ,though newly cycled tank. Be careful with the ph too in the new tank.
I have just done the same,last weekend by moving some zebras,other hypancistrus,corys and Rams with their water and undergravel filter medium (clay granules) into a new tank (which gives them 3 times more volume), then gently topping up with additional water,dechlinator and ph adjustment to what they were used to. I too had to decide whether to do that or move them into a newly cycled tank.I just couldnt risk taking the second choice.
Regards,
Des.
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

CAn't transfer biopmedia, I use fluidized bed filters n the big tank and I'm going with sponges in the 20 gallon. I don't even want to take any water from teh big tank at th emoment, it's got ick.
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

New Heating Details

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the people talking about alternative heating systems, dons heating, heating and cooling services, abc heating and air conditioning, heating system repair near me, airmax heating and cooling, I highly suggest this useful boiler installation service details or blanton's heating and air, riverton air conditioning & heating, heating and ac repair near me, central heating repairs near me, diamond heating and air, all star plumbing and heating, not to mention this recommended heating installation service blog not to mention comfort solutions heating and cooling, home heating and cooling, emergency hvac repair near me, ductless heating and cooling systems, 24 hour furnace repair, comfort air heating and cooling, on top of this awesome heating cleaning service url which is also great. Also have a look at this updated AC repair service forum not to mention heating company, oil boiler repairs near me, comfort air heating and cooling, heating engineer, heat pump emergency heat, propane heating system, on top of this top rated boiler repair service details not to mention ductwork repair, four seasons plumbing and heating, air care heating and cooling, scott lee heating and cooling, heating and cooling services, star heating and cooling, alongside all recommended plumbing repair service advice which is also worth a look. I also suggest this new heating repair service tips not to mention emergency air conditioner repair, heating installation near me, best heating and cooling systems, heating and ac service near me, heat pump installation, central heating installation, on top of this top rated AC repair service advice and don't forget anderson heating and air, oil boiler engineer near me, oil boiler servicing near me, local heating and cooling, aksarben heating and air, oil boiler installation near me, and don't forget great boiler repair service details which is also great. Finally, have a look at this new boiler repair service advice for good measure. Check more Useful Heating Blog 32d8c7f
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Excellent Workbench Info

Post by FrankJScott »

For the person inquiring about bora workbench, craftsman workbench with 2 drawers, work table near me, welding table workbench, best black and decker workmate, knockdown nicholson workbench, I highly recommend this high rated workbench model or used workbench, diy wooden workbench, worx folding workbench, folding work bench, duramax work bench, used work tables for sale, as well as this high rated workbench deal alongside all husky 72 inch adjustable workbench, diy wall mounted folding workbench, dremel workbench, stainless steel workbench with drawers, hyper tough workbench, garage workbench on wheels, as well as this recommended workbench model which is also great. Also have a look at this top workbench info on top of diy woodworking table, work bench for shed, mobile workbench, easy diy workbench, husky work bench, carpenters workbench, and don't forget this excellent workbench deal not to mention lie nielsen workbench, 4 ft workbench, diy workbench on wheels, workbench, parkside workbench, black and decker workmate 626, not to mention best workbench info which is also worth a look. I also recommend this great workbench product alongside all steel shop table, lowes kobalt work bench, work table on wheels, buy work table, centipede workbench, hart workbench, on top of this best workbench info on top of home depot duramax workbench, diy heavy duty adjustable leveling feet, outside workbench, portable workbench home depot, workbench with pegboard, circular saw workbench, as well as top rated workbench make which is also great. Finally, have a look at this awesome workbench info for good measure. Check more Best Accordion Details cf503ae