AquaEuro 28 Gallon Deluxe Aquarium

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Ocelot2000
Forum Follower

AquaEuro 28 Gallon Deluxe Aquarium

Post by Ocelot2000 »

I have this tank and am setting it up for Zebras. Can someone advise me as to what I would need extra? They told me that because it has pumps to both aerate the water and create an effective flow that it would be a good tank. these are the features, obviously some are irrelevant but I thought I would list them all.
Features:

Seamless Curved Glass for Enhanced Viewing
Durable ABS Construction: Smooth Precision Finish
Effective Lighting System: 72 Watts of Bright Compact Fluorescents (2x36W), 8 Blue Moonlight LEDs
Super Bright, Corrosion Resistant Wrap Around Aluminum Reflectors: Increase Flourescent Output
Sealed Lighting Areas Adds to Aquarium Safty
Built-In 3 Stage Filtration System: Mechanical, Biological, Chemical
Filtration System: Ceramic Cylinders, Carbon, Bio-Balls
High Performance Water Pump (2 x 160 Gal/Hr.)
2 Quiet Cooling Fans
Convenient Feeding Access
18"L x 20"W x 22.5"H

If I need to add anything else, I would of course do so. So far I set it up this evening, put rocks and bark in there to create ample caves and hiding places, a few plants, sand as a substrate and have put a few hardy fish in there to start the cycling. Next I'm going to research what inverts and fish to use to keep the sand from getting bad and since it's a high tank, what peaceful top dwelling fish I might include, not much though as I really want to concentrate on the Zebras. (obviously I also added a heater)

Thanks in advance.
TwoTankAmin

Re: AquaEuro 28 Gallon Deluxe Aquarium

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Actually what you are doing is paying a lot of money for things you do not need. Lighting is irrelevant for the fish. In the wild they live deep so its dark and there are no plants or algae. That tank has way more light than you need or want including an unneeded reflector. A small low level strip would be fine. I run no lights over any over my zebra tanks.

The curved glass is also a waste. A happy zebra is a hiding zebra. So what you will mostly have is a great view of everything else in the tank except the zebras most of the time. Flat glass costs less and works just fine.

Finally, the shape of the tank is less than ideal, height is the least important dimension. Territory is a function of area and height will not help in this respect, only with gallonage. My breeder tanks are 36x18x13 and 48x13x13+ while I use a 20L for growout- 30x12x13.

Hope this all helps.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Ocelot2000
Forum Follower

Re: AquaEuro 28 Gallon Deluxe Aquarium

Post by Ocelot2000 »

OK, so since I have it, I can use it for them initially until they are old enough to go into a breeder tank which I will get with the important dimension being length. I am assuming that since depth (or height) is a non issue, I can use this in a way as a smaller growing out tank? It was expensive and it's already set up with the cichlids for cycling. Thank you for your input btw :)
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Great Heating TipsSite

Post by FrankJScott »

To the guy asking about emergency heating repair, split heating system, mini split installation, emergency heating and air, southern comfort heating and air, heating boiler, I highly suggest this top rated AC repair service site or comfort pro heating and cooling, davies plumbing, tjs plumbing, armstrong heating and cooling, electric home furnace, hvac installer near me, not to mention this new AC cleaning service blog alongside all plumbing heating and cooling, furnace repair service, hydronic radiant floor heating installation, furnace heat exchanger replacement, blue best heating and air, elite heating and cooling, as well as this recommended boiler repair service blog which is also great. Also have a look at this high rated plumbing installation service link and don't forget electric furnace and ac, central heating and air conditioning, furnace maintenance, furnace companies, air handlers heating and cooling, heating and cooling repair services, and don't forget this excellent AC installation service link on top of gas heater installation, 24 hour ac repair near me, sunshine heating and cooling, heating company, pioneer mini split installation, oil furnace cleaning, not to mention best heating repair service details which is also worth a look. I also recommend this high rated boiler cleaning service details alongside all north shore plumbing and heating, 5 star heating and air, action heating and air, apex hvac, furnace installation near me, gas central heating installation, alongside all this recommended plumbing repair service advice as well as plumbing and heating contractors near me, efficient heating and cooling, plumbing and heating companies, 5 star plumbing and heating, air on heating and on cooling, day heating, on top of recommended AC cleaning service url which is also great. Finally, have a look at this useful boiler installation service advice for good measure. Check more Best Heating TipsSite c7f68d2
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Cool Home GymDetails

Post by FrankJScott »

In response to the guy asking about home gym cable attachments, weider pro 6900, stack home gym, hoist home gym, workout equipment for abs, weider pro 4950 home gym, I highly recommend this great home gym model or powertec home gym, home pulley system, home weights, weider pro 8500 smith machine, eleiko home gym, home fitness bike, not to mention this top home gym item on top of outdoor gym equipment for home, multi station home gym equipment, cable station gym, marcy home gym costco, top rated home gym, cable pulley home gym, and don't forget this useful home gym make which is also great. Also have a look at this updated home gym model alongside all bowflex multi gym, bowflex sport home gym, universal home gym, best weight lifting equipment, at home weight machine, weider weight machine, as well as this new home gym model and don't forget home training equipment, marcy pro home gym, hercules gym equipment, marcy mwm 988, best weight lifting equipment, small gym equipment, as well as great home gym item which is also worth a look. I also suggest this recommended home gym info as well as strong house gym, home fitness studio, marcy home gym, outdoor gym equipment for home, gym exercise machine, fnova exercise bike, on top of this awesome home gym product as well as power tech home gym, bowflex 2, marcy club home gym, home gym store, full home gym, affordable home gym, as well as updated home gym product which is also great. Finally, have a look at this updated home gym product for good measure. Check more Excellent Crocs Shoes Advice ea32d8c