I think zebras are gay

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Hi ...Im sure your beta male will turn into the alpha male........with the absents of the original a male
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

My apha male used to be a beta. These two were the first ones I bought, and when I introduced four more fish, bought as females - which two of them turned out to be - the alpha just went haywire. He abused every fish in sight, sat himself in the center of the tank and attacked everything on sight.

I had to remove him, and after that the group settled with a ranking order they all could live with, with the beta as the alpha.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I would hang onto the Alpha male and part with the Beta if you have to. IMO he is more likely to be a good breeder he already appears to have made his intentions quite clear. Generally speaking nature favours the more dominant males as the good breeders as they are more likely to ensure the survival of the species.

Slightly off topic, my father use to keep and breed bantam chickens when I was a kid. He had about 5 breeding pairs, there was this one particular cockerel that was a real vicious little bugger. He turned out to be the best breeder regardless of which female he mated with, he fathered twice as many chicks as the others.

I know that we are talking about totally different species here but I'm pretty sure that natures law of natural selection still applies, you get my drift?
Prune Tracy
Forum Follower

Post by Prune Tracy »

You're right on the money there. Talk about stating intentions and getting down to business. I keep a dwarf cackatoo in the tank with those two and one night I noticed two large patches of scales missing from the little bugger's head. For a day or so I wondered what had happened. Then one night I watched the alpha as he spotted the tanks oldest snail in his caves and he went into action. For no less than five minutes he pounded on that snail without mercy. Now that snail is missing an eyestock. Having seen this made me realize what happened to the cackatoo. He bumbled into that cave and had his --- handed to him. That cat is serious about his cave and I know he means to use it even if he has to drag a female in by her caudal fin.

Beyond that, the alpha has shown that he is definately the least reserved of the two. Tuesday night I held a regeme change party (too bad we didn't get any). With nearly ten people in my living room he came out into plain view with absolutely nothing to look for. He sits and watches my girlfriend and I as if it were his own personal tank. He's a keeper.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Prune Tracy wrote: Tuesday night I held a regeme change party (too bad we didn't get any).
Sorry you didn't get the regime change that you were looking for, looks like you're stuck with the current dictatorship for another 4 years. I think most of the freeworld were hinging their bets on a regime change too.
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Updated Heating TipsSite

Post by FrankJScott »

In response to the man asking about and plumbing, heating and air conditioning service, heating and air service, central heating, home comfort heating, hvac inspection near me, I highly recommend this new heating installation service site or 24 hour heating and air conditioning repair near me, plumbing and heating contractors near me, anderson heating and air, advanced heating and air, oil boiler servicing near me, plumbing and heating, as well as this high rated AC installation service info alongside all heating & air conditioning, heat and air, mini split heating and cooling system, allied heating and cooling, k and k heating and cooling, valley heating and air, on top of this updated boiler installation service details which is also great. Also have a look at this useful boiler repair service advice alongside all electric heater repair near me, mr d's plumbing, heat pump emergency heat, ductless heating and cooling units, geothermal heating and cooling near me, rheem heating and cooling, and don't forget this excellent AC repair service url not to mention oil furnace repair near me, heating installation near me, geothermal heating and cooling, heating plumbing near me, childress heating and cooling, plumbing and heating engineer near me, as well as useful plumbing cleaning service site which is also worth a look. I also recommend this great AC installation service forum and don't forget gas furnace replacement, hvac installer near me, ac plumbing, abc heating and air conditioning, mckay plumbing, ac repair near me, and don't forget this awesome boiler repair service info and don't forget mechanical heating and cooling, robertson heating and air, b and j plumbing, heating forced air, barlow heating and air, emergency gas engineer, alongside all new heating cleaning service link which is also great. Finally, have a look at this awesome boiler installation service blog for good measure. Check more Great Heating Blog ea32d8c
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Recommended Heating Advice

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the people asking about hydronic radiant floor heating installation, heating and air conditioning service near me, furnace replacement, hvac commercial, home radiator repair, bentleys heating and air, I highly recommend this great AC installation service advice or commercial heating and cooling near me, reliable hvac, home comfort heating and air, arc heating, alternative to gas central heating, oil heater repair near me, as well as this best plumbing cleaning service blog and don't forget gleason plumbing and heating, arc heating, heat pump repairs, industrial heating solutions, gas heater service near me, heating and air companies near me, on top of this top heating repair service forum which is also great. Also have a look at this updated heating cleaning service forum on top of lennox repair near me, heating and cooling repair services, ac tune up near me, annual furnace maintenance, new central heating system, empire heating systems, and don't forget this great boiler installation service link alongside all mr d's plumbing, blue best heating and air, boiler servicing, ac plumbing, ac heating unit, fred's plumbing, not to mention new AC repair service details which is also worth a look. I also suggest this new boiler installation service info alongside all ductless heating and cooling units, lennox heating and cooling, furnace near me, gas boiler servicing near me, heating and air units, hvac maintenance service, not to mention this high rated AC repair service link and don't forget heating and air, heating near me, sears heating and air conditioning, local hvac companies, emergency ac repair, air conditioner contractors near me, alongside all great plumbing installation service forum which is also great. Finally, have a look at this excellent plumbing installation service site for good measure. Check more Top Heating Details ccf503a
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

New Crocs Shoes Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

For the people talking about crocs hocus pocus, crocs unisex, white croc sneakers, crocs women's fur shoes, crocs bogota clog, drippy crocs, I highly recommend this top rated crocs shoes info or shoes that look like crocs, crocs modi sport flip, orange crocs womens, crocs electro, black crocs near me, glitter clogs, as well as this excellent crocs shoes make as well as dark grey crocs, dog crocs amazon, brooklyn wedge crocs, harry potter jibbitz, white crocs men, crocs fashion, on top of this best crocs shoes info which is also great. Also have a look at this new crocs shoes product on top of vans crocs style, nfl jibbitz, khaki crocs womens, yang mi crocs, journeys crocs, finish line crocs, alongside all this best crocs shoes model on top of light blue lined crocs, classic tie dye lined crocs, dsw crocs mens, green tie dye crocs, crocs san francisco, summer crocs, not to mention new crocs shoes make which is also worth a look. I also recommend this recommended crocs shoes make on top of crocs white with fur, nike crocs, cute croc jibbitz, designer jibbitz for crocs, crocs kadee ii, mens lined crocs, and don't forget this best crocs shoes item and don't forget bae clogs, crocs near me, dark green crocs, deep green crocs, crocs canvas shoes, reddit crocs, not to mention best crocs shoes make which is also great. Finally, have a look at this top rated crocs shoes make for good measure. Check more Best Accordion Advice 4_a9f09