Zebra's in a planted tank????

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Zebra's in a planted tank????

Post by DANthirty »

Hi guys hope all is well
I was thinking off putting a couple off my 12 zebbys in my 4 foot planted tank but the conditions seem to be not ideal, i.e there is hardly, if any surface disturbance, there is no fast flowing water.so not sure if there would be enough aeration for the fish.
Do you think the zebbys would be ok in this sort off envirament
Tom26000

Post by Tom26000 »

Hi

I have kept zebras in relatively still tank, planted tank conditions with no problems at all. However, maybe if yours have been use to fast currents and high dissolved oxygen you might want to be more cautious. When I kept mine in these conditions it was before I moved them into more suitable biotype conditions.

Regards

Tom
Adam

Post by Adam »

Don't do it Dan,

There will be even less dissolved O2 in a heavily planted tank at night. I wouldn't risk it if I was you. The zebras come from fast flowing waters in the wild, your best bet is to simulate this sort of environment for them.

Four of my zebras spent some time in my community tank, while in there I noticed that their breathing was heavier than the zebras that were in my species tank. Since moving to the species tank they seem to be a lot happier and don't breath as heavily, in fact one of them has put a lot of weight on and seems to always be feeding. The filteration in the zebra only tank is comprised of 2 eheim canister filters, 2217 and 2128, and theres a 1500 l/hr powerhead in there too. This equates to a total turnover of about 17 times p/hr, the fish appear to be a lot happier in these conditions. I have noticed a lot more activity and a number of fish are filling out quite nicely.
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Danthirty,
In the early days, (when they were approx £35 each)I too tried keeping zebras in my Community planted tanks. They never survived. I now believe that it was due to a lack of food since they are so slow and nervous to eat. The temp. was also too low at 75 f.
I believe that if they are in a planted tank with other slow eaters, at a temp of approx 80 f they should be fine.I have seen zebras in planted show tanks in some lfs's.
Des.
Last edited by Des on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Thanks guys for your advice i think its not worth taking the risk with these little beuts, so ill just have to freeze viewing them in my shed :cry:
Adam

Post by Adam »

I've got the perfect solution Dan, put the Mrs in the shed and move the zebras indoors. My Mrs will be moving into the garage shortly so that I can bring my 6Ft tank indoors, I've just got to break the news to her first. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Top Rated Heating Info

Post by FrankJScott »

In response to the man talking about furnace repair company, 24 hour hvac near me, mini split installation, ductwork repair, new central heating system, allens heating, I highly suggest this recommended AC repair service forum or furnace inspection near me, plumbing and heating engineer near me, precise heating and air, heat pump maintenance, waggoners heat and air, mobile home furnace repair, alongside all this awesome AC repair service forum as well as cooling heating, heil heating and cooling, installing a heat pump in an existing home, arc heating, furnace replacement near me, commercial hvac maintenance, as well as this top rated boiler installation service details which is also great. Also have a look at this excellent heating installation service forum on top of commercial heating systems, commercial hvac system, american standard heating and air conditioning, geothermal heating, ductless ac installation near me, central heating repairs near me, not to mention this updated boiler cleaning service tips not to mention lennox heating and cooling, ductless heating and cooling systems, hvac heating and cooling, 24 hour furnace repair near me, d and g boiler care, emergency hvac, alongside all excellent plumbing cleaning service url which is also worth a look. I also recommend this great AC repair service info not to mention ac and heating repair, diamond heating and air, residential hvac repair, heating and air conditioning service near me, central heating engineer, bryant heating and cooling systems, not to mention this top rated heating installation service blog alongside all absolute comfort heating and air, 24 hour furnace repair near me, elite heating and cooling, boiler servicing near me, heating and cooling systems, boiler installation near me, not to mention top rated plumbing repair service advice which is also great. Finally, have a look at this useful plumbing cleaning service details for good measure. Check more High Rated Heating Details d8c7f68
Sobhi90
Obsessed!!

Re: Zebra's in a planted tank????

Post by Sobhi90 »

FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Excellent Trash Can Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

In response to the people inquiring about home depot 96 gallon trash can, umbra wastebasket, large garbage bins, simplehuman automatic trash can, 40 gallon trash can, disposable trash cans for parties, I highly recommend this high rated trash can make or green trash can, small trash can with lid, 10 gallon wastebasket, brute trash can lid, trash pail, joseph and joseph trash can, on top of this recommended trash can info on top of rubbermaid roughneck 32 gallon wheeled lid, best garbage can outdoor, amazon garbage can, 13 gallon metal trash can, rubbermaid 32 gallon wheeled trash can, black garbage bin, on top of this useful trash can model which is also great. Also have a look at this awesome trash can item alongside all 23 gallon trash bags, large outdoor garbage cans, smell proof trash can, 12 gallon trash can, 8 gallon garbage can, 30 gallon dual trash can, alongside all this great trash can deal and don't forget simplehuman 45l, brown garbage can, simple human 50l trash can, garbage can liners, simplehuman bin 45l, big garbage bin, and don't forget top trash can product which is also worth a look. I also recommend this excellent trash can make alongside all lowes 32 gallon trash can, rubbermaid 13 gallon trash can, ikea kitchen trash can, farmhouse garbage can, 32 gallon trash can with wheels and attached lid, 45l trash can, as well as this top rated trash can make as well as rose gold garbage can, trash can bags, intelligent trash can, 6 gallon trash can, white kitchen trash can, kohler stainless steel trash can costco, and don't forget excellent trash can product which is also great. Finally, have a look at this recommended trash can product for good measure. Have a look at this top tibetan singing bowl item too in case you missed it. Check more Recommended Advertising Company Blog 4d3_256