Powerhead question

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Powerhead question

Post by Mindy »

At the moment, my zebra tank only has an Eheim 2224 Professional filter with the water returning via a spray bar above the surface of the water to try and get as much oxygen in as possible. I've tested the oxygen and it's OK.

I was wondering if it was advantageous or better to also run a Powerhead, and if so, can someone suggest what size. I've had these ones suggested
http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/prod864.htm

But I don't know if this is too powerful or too small or what. 476 lph. Sounds a lot to me, but then I really don't know what I'm looking at here.

My tank is 30" and holds roughly 75litres of water.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I have a 900 Lph , and an Eheim 2224, in a 120 liter so I think that should be fine Mindy :)
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Mindy,

Why do you believe you need a powerhead in addition to your Eheim ?.
Your fish are happy, eating well , O2 is ok,etc etc .You might find that you have too much turbulence , if you add a powerhead,causing the food to be suspended/swirling in the water, rather than settling and allowing the zebras a chance to eat......... :(
If you want a venturi, you can add one to the output of your Eheim.

Regards,
Des.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I wasn't sure if I needed one or not, so I thought I'd ask. A lot of people on here seem to use them so I've been wondering about it. But if it's fine, then I'm happy to keep it as it is. :wink:
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Best Heating Info

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the people talking about my guy heating and air, electric house furnace, heating and air conditioning companies, york heating and air conditioning, zoned heating system, ground source heating, I highly recommend this useful heating repair service site or heating air conditioning, air source heat pump servicing near me, geothermal installation, hvac professional, johns heating and air, york heating and air, not to mention this high rated heating repair service advice on top of air care heating and air conditioning, wagner heating and cooling, byrum heating and air, best boilers for home heating, heating system installation, mini split contractors near me, alongside all this useful boiler cleaning service info which is also great. Also have a look at this excellent AC cleaning service forum and don't forget commercial hvac system, furnace inspection near me, heating furnace repair, shower heater installation, plumbing and heating companies, heating and cooling companies near me, as well as this updated plumbing repair service details and don't forget charles stone heating and cooling, bell heating and air, heating system maintenance, old york heating and cooling, precision heating and cooling, patricks heating and cooling, on top of top rated heating repair service url which is also worth a look. I also recommend this excellent boiler repair service forum as well as winters plumbing, cochran heating and cooling, bud anderson heating and cooling, heat pump not heating, local gas engineer, haining plumbing, not to mention this best boiler repair service blog as well as heating & air conditioning, furnace guy, boiler heating system, bardi heating and air, all pro plumbing and heating, oil boiler servicing near me, and don't forget top rated AC cleaning service link which is also great. Finally, have a look at this useful plumbing cleaning service blog for good measure. Check more Useful Heating Info aea32d8
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Cool Humidifier TipsSite

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the people inquiring about honeywell hcm350b, humidifier for congestion, ultrasonic mist maker fogger, alpha heater humidifier, humidifier for hvac system, humidifier with humidity sensor, I highly suggest this excellent humidifier item or hupro humidifier, nest thermostat humidifier, humidifier sickness treatment, honeywell hc26p, mini humidifier for plants, levoit classic 200, not to mention this best humidifier info as well as colorful humidifier, humidifier causing cough, ultrasound atomization humidifier, honeywell hm750a1000, cleaning humidifier with vinegar, humistat, alongside all this high rated humidifier info which is also great. Also have a look at this excellent humidifier product alongside all walmart humidifier in store, best cool mist humidifier for large room, pure mist humidifier, humidifier pregnancy, usb colorful humidifier, 6 gallon humidifier, not to mention this excellent humidifier deal as well as small cool mist humidifier, sleek humidifier, best humidifier for 1000 square feet, safety 1st humidifier, armstrong humidifiers, easy air humidifier, on top of excellent humidifier deal which is also worth a look. I also suggest this excellent humidifier make on top of air humidifier, levoit dual 100, best cool mist humidifier, humidifier price check, pure guardian humidifiers, humidifier good for allergies, on top of this recommended humidifier model as well as portable humidifier, geniani top fill cool mist humidifiers, cat humidifier, homemade humidifier for stuffy nose, best humidifier with humidistat, bionaire humidifier, alongside all top humidifier deal which is also great. Finally, have a look at this excellent humidifier model for good measure. Check more Useful Beer Dispenser Details 8_0d0ac