Venting your plecos

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Zebrapl3co
Obsessed!!

Venting your plecos

Post by Zebrapl3co »

Hi, I am not sure if this ever came up, but I see all these pictures and stuff the give you hint of a male or female. But not all are so easy to pin point.
I've known that in the fish hobby, some people vent their fish to determine the sexes. How come this is not done or ever documented here?
zebra046
Obsessed!!

Post by zebra046 »

smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Anyone got any actual comments on this method??

I've looked at ours but never been able to compare....
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Zebrapl3co
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebrapl3co »

Wow, zebra046. Your picture says everything. These should be posted on the Sex ID web page. They go a long way for makeing positive ID of sexing zebra pleco.

Thank you.
Frontyking
Obsessed!!

Post by Frontyking »

At what age are you able to vent sex them from? Does the male always have that high concentration of black dots?

Nick.
alga
Groupie

Post by alga »

zebra046, I must say, well, I'm :oops: . First off what a great set of photos. Were those fish isolated? or in the tank with photo from the bottom? What size were they?

Finally, do you also work at a "mansion" taking photo's in a grotto? :lol:

thanks-
PanaqueL27
Forum Follower

Post by PanaqueL27 »

Great pics i will be needing these i a few years lol.
onemisterchristian
Forum Follower

Post by onemisterchristian »

I'm with smithrc on this one. Why isn't this method far more widespread, it seems to be quite definite, judging by the pictures. Sorry if I sound completely naive, but how is a fish vent sexed? Is it dangerous for the fish at all?
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

from what I've read in the past - its believed that males are pointy, females rounded ;)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Updated Heating Info

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the person inquiring about plumbing heating and cooling, bentleys heating and air, boiler care, plumbing heating and cooling near me, forced air heating system, air solutions heating and cooling, I highly recommend this new heating repair service tips or boiler contractor, service express hvac, air care heating and cooling, home air conditioner repair near me, commercial hvac system, casteel heating and air, not to mention this useful AC installation service link and don't forget hvac heating, 24 hour heating repair near me, furnace technician near me, heating services, pj plumbing and heating, bob's heating and cooling, and don't forget this best boiler cleaning service advice which is also great. Also have a look at this excellent boiler installation service details alongside all heat pump repairs near me, comfort air heating & cooling, commercial hvac contractors, sunshine heating and cooling, anytime heating and air, furnace service near me, on top of this top heating repair service site not to mention standard heating and air, central heating service, central heating and cooling, blessing heating and cooling, allen plumbing and heating, heat pump with electric furnace backup, on top of useful heating installation service link which is also worth a look. I also suggest this recommended AC repair service details alongside all stans heating, apex hvac, valley plumbing & heating, air source heat pump engineers near me, all seasons heating and air, main heating, alongside all this top plumbing cleaning service url as well as comfort air heating and cooling, affordable heating and air, plumbing heating near me, a and a heating and cooling, lennox heating and air, mini split heating and cooling system, on top of great boiler installation service details which is also great. Finally, have a look at this great AC repair service url for good measure. Check more Recommended Heating Blog d6_b9c0
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Top Rated Tiibetan Singing Bowl Advice

Post by FrankJScott »

To the guy talking about tibetan bowl set, tibetan cleansing bowl, reiki sound bowls, singing bowl japanese, silver tibetan singing bowl, 5 inch singing bowl, I highly recommend this excellent tibetan singing bowl make or singing bells meditation, singing bowl meditation, binaural beats tibetan bowls, singing bowls for different chakras, 8 inch singing bowl, singing bowls sleep, not to mention this new tibetan singing bowl info as well as chakra set singing bowls, meditation chime bowl, singing bowl afterpay, singing bowl crystal cleansing, tibetan chime bowl, singing bowl sounds for meditation, as well as this excellent tibetan singing bowl make which is also great. Also have a look at this new tibetan singing bowl info and don't forget tibetan musical bowls, best meditation tibetan bowls, singing bowl with handle, himalayan singing bowls meditation, sound bowls for beginners, tibetan sounds, as well as this recommended tibetan singing bowl model not to mention deep singing bowl, tibetan drums, chakra tuned singing bowls, singing bowl types, bowl gong meditation, singing bowl shop near me, on top of which is also worth a look. I also suggest this [url=https://casualvalueinvestor.com/forum/index.php?topic=254833.new]top tibetan singing bowl deal alongside all tibetan singing bowls to remove negative energy, singing bowl sound therapy, healing bowls music, tibetan singing bowl tones, sound therapy with bowls, om mani padme hum singing bowl, not to mention this best tibetan singing bowl model on top of tibetan bowl amazon, best singing bowl set, tibetan bowls and chimes, singing bowl meditation you tube, tree of life singing bowl, tibetan singing bowl store near me, on top of high rated tibetan singing bowl product which is also great. Finally, have a look at this great tibetan singing bowl deal for good measure. Check more Recommended Mother! Movie Blog 06661aa