zebs in a community tank

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
bigmac
Forum Follower

zebs in a community tank

Post by bigmac »

i have a 45g community tank which houses a small l128, a largeish l128 (around 4"), a largeish l200 (around 5"), a small l260, a small l215 and a l316. i have another tank that i'm waiting to setup for a zeb breedind tank but as i know its going to take time to get the 5 or 6 zebs i need to start i'm thinking about putting the first couple i get in my community tank. i am willing to sell on a few of my over plecos to make this possible but ones should i move on and will the zebs be ok in a community tank?

crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Zebs are not aggressive eaters, so can easily be out competed for food.
bigmac
Forum Follower

Post by bigmac »

my l260 is not good at competing for food so i feed them alot of petets every over day and leave a fresh bit of veg in all the time with the odd prawn every 3 or 4 days. i find they all get there fill that way and all look to be growing nicely.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

i would keep a close eye on them but my personal opinion is that the zebras are expensive plecos and it would suck to have one of those cheaper plecos attack the zebra.
[url]http://tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com/[/url]
bigmac
Forum Follower

Post by bigmac »

thats a fair point but like i said i would be willing to let a few go so that wouldn't be a problem. not that i have ever had a problem with them fighting but at this moment in time i'm a bit tight on space to setup my over tank to house one or two zebs. it would be a shame to find my over plecos new homes but i really want to move on to breeding and keeping these stunning fish.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I kept zebras as part of what I called my Yipes Stripes Pleco tank,. It held an adult pair of zebras, 2 male L-260s and a pair of L-134. Inside 10 months I had lost 1 zebra, I then added 3 more zebras and a pair of L-133s.

When I cleared this tank out to set it up for zebra breeding it held 2 zebras and the other 6 plecos. I am cinvinced the 3 zebra loses came at the hands of the other plecos.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
bigmac
Forum Follower

Post by bigmac »

Yipes Stripes Pleco! i like it :lol: your point is taken but this would be only for a short while until i can get hold of a good number of unrelated zebs then they would go into there own tank! i am thinking about keeping the smaller plecos i have already in the same tank and move on the bigger ones. the l133s get quite big so if they were fully grown maybe that was your problem?
John

Post by John »

My believe is that the tankmates for zebra's should be zebra's.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

They shouldn't be kept together with other Hypancistus because of the chanse of cross breeding, and not together with other plecs because of the competition for food.

Very few fish fits with Zebras. If we look at middle and top swimmers they won't fit because they would either be incompatible with the Zebra, or because they need a different enviroment than the Zeb.

When that's said, I do know of a Zebra spawn in a malawi tank, but I do believe that one goes under *rare occurances* :P
civicr
Obsessed!!

tank

Post by civicr »

in my zeb tank have have 6 zebs 6 cardinal neons and 4 threadfin rainbows (just a bit bigger than a neon) my tank is 210 liters .

they get on fine,what u guys think of my zeb tank mates?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I've had both threadfins and Cardinals together with Zebs,and as you say, they get along fine. The problem is that the ideal conditions for Zebra is not ideal for the Tetra and threadfin...
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Best Heating Info

Post by FrankJScott »

To the man inquiring about old york heating and cooling, bryant heating and cooling systems, commercial hvac contractors near me, on heating air, boiler repair near me, air conditioner contractors near me, I highly suggest this updated boiler cleaning service tips or arc heating, best heating and air conditioning, home air conditioner repair near me, pro heating and cooling, 24 hour hvac, ductless heating, alongside all this updated AC installation service info alongside all heil heating and cooling, local boiler repair, all star heating, heat pump not heating, heating and air companies, furnace installation, on top of this new AC repair service details which is also great. Also have a look at this top rated AC installation service tips not to mention all star heating, b and j plumbing, heating and cooling in my area, comfort plumbing, heating repair services near me, oil heater repair near me, and don't forget this useful AC installation service site and don't forget boiler repair, magna air conditioning & heating, allens heating, tjs plumbing, ductwork replacement, advanced heating, alongside all useful boiler repair service site which is also worth a look. I also recommend this awesome AC installation service tips alongside all plumbing and heating, boiler maintenance, cochran heating and cooling, liberty plumbing and heating, heating and air companies near me, heating and cooling service near me, as well as this recommended boiler installation service url as well as 24 hour heating and cooling near me, heat exchanger repair, lennox repair near me, new boiler installation, oil furnace maintenance, emergency boiler repair, on top of new AC repair service blog which is also great. Finally, have a look at this updated boiler repair service tips for good measure. Check more Top Rated Heating Details 4d3_509
Sobhi90
Obsessed!!

Re: zebs in a community tank

Post by Sobhi90 »

FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Great Accordion Details

Post by FrankJScott »

For the guy asking about piano accordion, montanari accordion, fever accordion, settimio soprani accordion, used accordions for sale near me, accordion bellows tape, I highly recommend this top accordion make or rossini accordion, accordion shop near me, squeeze box accordion, ebay accordion, acordeon hohner panther, dallape accordion for sale, and don't forget this updated accordion info on top of accordion for sale amazon, converter accordion, acordeon hohner student, ferrari accordion, jsl accordion, brandoni accordion, not to mention this top rated accordion item which is also great. Also have a look at this best accordion product alongside all roland fr1x for sale, dino baffetti accordion for sale, settimio soprani accordion, 96 bass accordion, cumbia accordion, black panther accordion, not to mention this awesome accordion model not to mention accordiana excelsior, accordion amplifier, guerrini button accordion, roland piano accordion, dino baffetti button accordion for sale, accordion dreams, on top of great accordion info which is also worth a look. I also suggest this useful accordion model as well as hohner accordion vintage, enrico bertini accordion, jupiter accordion price, saltarelle accordion, piano and accordion, rolston accordions, not to mention this great accordion info alongside all brilingtton accordion, bayan accordion for sale, cantabella accordion, used accordions for sale, universal accordion, alacran accordion, as well as recommended accordion model which is also great. Finally, have a look at this excellent accordion product for good measure. Check more Useful Seo Service Blog 61aad4d