3 possible males?

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Hitch
Groupie

3 possible males?

Post by Hitch »

Hey

Just took out 3 zebs from my colony that I am thinking are males. Please take a look below and help me confirm? THANKS!!

Zeb #1:

Zeb #2:

vent of #2:

Zeb #3:

vent of #3:

Thank you for your time!!
Last edited by Hitch on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

Re: 3 possible males?

Post by craigzeb »

turn them over and check near the genitle area if they have a v shape its a male if they have a u shape its a female
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

The only way I know to sex them with any degree of certainty is to vent them as suggested above. Its usually most effective to get a pic or check right after a water change or else to catch the fish and remove it to a clear container with fresh water.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Hitch
Groupie

Post by Hitch »

At what size does the vent show gender dimorphism?

Ill work on getting some good pics.

Thanks guys
dreville
Forum Follower

Post by dreville »

Hey Louis,

My first forum post is to help you out and add some info to your discussion. :D

Not sure if you've seen this yet but I'll probably subscribe to this thread for future reference.

Here's a nice link with pictures of male and female vent / ventral area. http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10056
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

Post by craigzeb »

http://www.mchportal.com/fishkeeping-ma ... a-l46.html check this article from a breeder i bought mine from very good and the genitles are there almost from birth you can see them
Hitch
Groupie

Post by Hitch »

Thanks guys, I just vented #2 and #3 (since I am 100% sure #1 is a male). To me, both look like males. Correct?

Thanks
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

Post by craigzeb »

i would say they are all males looking at your pics
Hitch
Groupie

3 possible males?

Post by Hitch »

Cool, thanks
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

2 looks like a fm to me. below is a pic of a fm Hypan. L173b from glasser. Note the similarity between zebra #2 and my pic in terms of the venting.
Attachments
Fish4-43below.jpg
Fish4-43below.jpg (47.89 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Hitch
Groupie

Post by Hitch »

Thanks TTA, I guess time will tell.
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Awesome Heating Details

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the person talking about bardi heating and air, hvac companies, hvac commercial, oil boiler servicing near me, home comfort heating, central plumbing and heating, I highly suggest this new boiler repair service advice or allen heating and air, home heating and air, commercial heating and cooling near me, lennox heating and air, home comfort heating, heating system repair near me, as well as this new boiler repair service url not to mention allied heating and cooling, boiler replacement near me, heating and air units, affordable heating and air, furnace replacement, boiler replacement, alongside all this best boiler repair service forum which is also great. Also have a look at this awesome plumbing installation service url and don't forget byrum heating and air, southern comfort heating and air, residential heating, star plumbing and heating, ductless heating and cooling systems, air care heating and cooling, alongside all this great boiler installation service tips as well as heating system service, heat care, heating and ventilation, residential heating and air, home depot furnace installation, furnace installation, and don't forget best heating installation service link which is also worth a look. I also suggest this high rated AC installation service url not to mention local hvac repair, village heating, oil furnace cleaning, heating and ac repair, gas central heating boiler, magna air conditioning & heating, alongside all this awesome boiler installation service info alongside all dons heating, best furnace repair near me, wards plumbing, four seasons plumbing and heating, chisholm heating and air, lennox repair near me, alongside all new AC installation service forum which is also great. Finally, have a look at this recommended AC repair service site for good measure. Check more Best Heating Blog d8_9589
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Cool Accordion Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the man talking about accordion price, pollina accordion, hohner double ray deluxe black dot, hohner piano accordion, cordovox accordion for sale, baile accordion price, I highly recommend this best accordion deal or rossini accordion, accordions near me, hohner compadre accordion, gabbanelli for sale, bronco accordion, accordion blue, as well as this updated accordion info and don't forget hohner toy accordion, frontalini concertina, alpine accordion, hohner bravo 72, silvertone accordion, used cajun accordion for sale, alongside all this new accordion item which is also great. Also have a look at this excellent accordion model as well as accordion and harmonica, bass accordion, grey paolo soprani for sale, roland frx8, hexagon accordion, accordion microphone, alongside all this new accordion product as well as scala accordion, scandalli super 6 extreme, little accordion, zupan accordion, elkavox 77, accordion amp, as well as new accordion deal which is also worth a look. I also recommend this awesome accordion product on top of accordion montanari, mugig accordion, bellini accordion, joey miskulin accordion, blue accordion, digital accordion for sale, and don't forget this high rated accordion product not to mention hohnica accordion, baile piano accordion, professional accordion, bandoneon accordion, golden cup accordion, baronelli accordion, alongside all great accordion info which is also great. Finally, have a look at this excellent accordion make for good measure. Check more Best Consulting Company TipsSite 68d2b06