Sexing group of 8 Zebra's

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Hans

Sexing group of 8 Zebra's

Post by Hans »

Hi Guys, I would appreciate it if you can help me to sex the followin group of Zebra's. Offcourse I have my own ideas but I am absolutely not sure about a couple of them. I have post three pictures of each Zebra.
One of the odontodes, one of the pectorial fin and one picture of the whole Zebra from above. The pictures:

Zebra 1, total length 6,7 cm (not 8,1 cm):

Zebra 2, total length 6,7 cm (not 7,1 cm):

Zebra 3, total length 7,8 cm (not 7,2 cm):

Zebra 4, total length 8,3 cm (not 7,5 cm):

Zebra 5, total length 8,2 cm (not 6,7 cm):

Zebra 6, total length 7,1 cm (not 6,7 cm):

Zebra 7, total length 7,2 cm (not 7,8 cm):

Zebra 8, total length 7,5 cm (not 8,3 cm):

Thank you!

Hans
Last edited by Hans on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
look at my site (in dutch) www.rioxingu.nl
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

1, 2 and 6 are females.
L46 x 24 adults + 60 fries
darry
Forum Follower

1,2,6 and 8

Post by darry »

My guess is 1, 2, 6 and 8 are female. And 1 being a gravid female.

However, if 8 is NOT a female, then it will be better. But if 8 is also a female, then you may have problem breeding this group.

Why so? The biggest male I see so far is 7 (at 7.8cm). This male will have difficulties to trap number 1 and 8, which is bigger size than him.

My breeding group is bigger male and smaller female. If there is a successful story on bigger female and smaller male, then there is really nothing to worry.

Meanwhile, with the gravid female in sight, you should do some spawn triggers to get them in the mood for love.
Hans

Re: 1,2,6 and 8

Post by Hans »

darry wrote:However, if 8 is NOT a female, then it will be better. But if 8 is also a female, then you may have problem breeding this group.

Why so? The biggest male I see so far is 7 (at 7.8cm). This male will have difficulties to trap number 1 and 8, which is bigger size than him.
Thanks for your reply darry (and twinspots_goby :wink: ). I see now that I have made a stupid mistake with placing the length by the fish :shock: . I have correct it now in the original post.
As you can see know the biggest Zebra is number 4 and that is definately a male.

Hans
look at my site (in dutch) www.rioxingu.nl
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

1,2 & 6 females 8 possible female, same as the other post. :wink:
John

Post by John »

1 female
2 female
3 male
4 male
5 male
6 female
7 male
8 female

Nice buy Hans and good to see you here :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Cool Heating Info

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the person asking about heat care, lennox repair near me, heat pump service near me, york heating and air, air tech heating and cooling, rons plumbing and heating, I highly recommend this great heating installation service site or hvac installer near me, mini split installation near me, heating and cooling systems for homes, gas fired central heating, heat pump servicing, ducted heating service near me, and don't forget this top rated heating cleaning service site and don't forget warm air heating engineers near me, electric furnace and ac, central heating and air, comfort heating and air conditioning, plumbing and heating companies, central heating repairs, not to mention this awesome boiler installation service url which is also great. Also have a look at this recommended boiler installation service tips alongside all pro heating and cooling, affordable heating and air, geothermal service near me, hvac tune up near me, oil boiler replacement, mini split heating and cooling, on top of this excellent AC installation service link and don't forget ac and heating repair, robertson heating and air, trusted plumbing and heating, heating engineer, fulford heating and air, plumbing and heating companies near me, on top of great plumbing installation service blog which is also worth a look. I also suggest this useful heating cleaning service details and don't forget heating engineers, star heating and air, heating and air companies near me, central heating installers near me, air conditioner repair near me, ground heating system, on top of this great heating cleaning service blog alongside all ac plumbing, emergency boiler repair, furnace replacement near me, heating boiler, ducted gas heating, cooling and heating, and don't forget awesome AC cleaning service info which is also great. Finally, have a look at this great plumbing repair service site for good measure. Check more Useful Heating Advice d8c7f68
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Great Web Design Company Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

For the person inquiring about pricing hubspot, healthcare media agency, google ads services agency, top media agencies in the world, marketing advertising companies, rgs online marketing, I highly suggest this best marketing company forum or web design advertising, omni marketing, top digital advertising companies, mtmc ad agency, consulting source, local seo solutions, and don't forget this recommended consulting company link on top of competitors in marketing, samsung marketing, online advertising agency, seo consultant, odd creative agency, apple advertising agency, as well as this excellent consulting service tips which is also great. Also have a look at this awesome seo agency advice alongside all tv advertising company, concept marketing, top consulting firms 2020, best ad companies, largest ad agency in the world, biggest ad agency in the world, not to mention this great consulting service tips not to mention anomaly advertising agency, digital marketing agency, crowe consulting, largest media agencies, marketing agency, google ads marketing agency, not to mention high rated marketing service details which is also worth a look. I also recommend this best marketing agency advice alongside all 4a marketing agency, wga consulting engineers, top 10 advertising agencies, dm consulting, the advertising agency, sense creative agency, alongside all this updated advertising service info not to mention digital advertising firms, royal marketing, financial services advertising agency, cloud computing consulting, colgate advertising agency, online advertising companies list, as well as new marketing agency site which is also great. Finally, have a look at this great advertising company details for good measure. Check more Awesome Heavy Equipment Details aea32d8