Powerheads

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Studz

Powerheads

Post by Studz »

For a 33gallon/124ltr tank what would suggest?

would a Maxi Jet Powerhead MP900 be ok, or too strong?
Spunky
Forum Follower

Post by Spunky »

Lets see if what I have read on here is actually sticking in my head. Those of you who really know what they are doing may have to come correct any of my mistakes…

Every post on this I have read says to remember oxygen saturation is more important than flow. That being said… What filter do you have? The power on that factors in to the total turn over rate. A 230 gph Maxi Jet MP900 in a 33gal tank would be 7 turn over. (gph/tank gallons=turnover) I do not remember ranges, but I have read about flow rates in the 20-30s. It also depends on how long your tank is… it needs to be higher to get a flow to the other end.

I am planning a breeding tank with a turn over about 21-28 in a 5ft tank. I am going to set it up so I have options of the flow rate…With the filters and 1 powerhead it is 21 and with 2 powerheads it is 28.
75g: Turquoise severum, 6 khuli loaches, bristlenose
58g: JD
20g: 4 Dwarf puffers, ghost shrimp
30g: testing for leaks
Studz

Post by Studz »

off the top of my head, as im not at home, the tank is 36x15x18 this could be wrong, but its about 3' long.

the filter is an external 305, and the powerhead would be used for flow only, not connected to a filter.
I have a tetratec 305 airpump for it as well, currently is only running at half the rate as I Dats in the tank (im trying to sell them, and they are only 3-4" before anyone tells me the tank is too small, but this isnt the tread for this, /me stops derailing his own thread)

30 time turn over thats some strong current the sand wouldnt settle in that, it'd get washed around... :S surely??
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Cool Heating Details

Post by FrankJScott »

For the guy talking about hvac heating, ducted heating system, mini split heat pump installation, electric house furnace, affordable heating and cooling, miller heating and cooling, I highly recommend this top boiler repair service tips or mobile home furnace repair, heating cooling near me, draining heating system, heat and air repair, one hour air conditioning & heating, plumbing & heating near me, as well as this great heating cleaning service blog and don't forget 24 hour heating and cooling near me, hvac contractors near me, riverton air conditioning & heating, oil furnace maintenance, ducted heating system, hvac replacement, alongside all this useful heating cleaning service tips which is also great. Also have a look at this high rated boiler installation service link as well as heating air conditioning unit, emergency boiler repair near me, air master heating and cooling, bryant heating and cooling systems, lennox heating, home depot furnace installation, as well as this new plumbing installation service info as well as hvac repair, heating and cooling repair services near me, heating and air, mckay plumbing, hutchinson heating and cooling, new boiler installation, alongside all new boiler cleaning service blog which is also worth a look. I also suggest this excellent AC cleaning service blog on top of hvac heating, commercial heating and cooling near me, cochran heating and cooling, action heating and air, bower heating and air, emergency heating and cooling, and don't forget this top rated heating cleaning service details as well as blue ridge heating and cooling, folkes heating, cooling and heating, heating and air conditioning repair, valley heating and air, heating solutions, on top of useful boiler cleaning service tips which is also great. Finally, have a look at this useful plumbing cleaning service url for good measure. Check more Useful Heating Blog f503aea