Repashy Meat Pie

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Repashy Meat Pie

Post by Raul-7 »

I remember this food used to be available; however, now it is not. Any reason?
TwoTankAmin

Re: Repashy Meat Pie

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Yes, there is a reason. It has been replaced but Bottom Scratcher. I liked the Meat Pie and I like the Scratcher even more. The ingredients are similar but the Scratcher is the better mix of the two.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

TwoTankAmin wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:20 pm Yes, there is a reason. It has been replaced but Bottom Scratcher. I liked the Meat Pie and I like the Scratcher even more. The ingredients are similar but the Scratcher is the better mix of the two.
Thank you. I was losing my mind. I stupidly bought Spawn&Grow and Grub Pie as replacements.
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

TwoTankAmin wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:20 pm Yes, there is a reason. It has been replaced but Bottom Scratcher. I liked the Meat Pie and I like the Scratcher even more. The ingredients are similar but the Scratcher is the better mix of the two.
Do you have any other high quality foods you feed them? I stopped feeding Hikari; don't think it's as good as it used to be.

Now I feed NLS and Repashy.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

The Hikari i feed is pretty much only the frozen, I trust that brand for frozen. The only other Hikari I use is their algae wafers. Both the amano shrimp and the asassin snails love them. I tried NLS but was not impressed. Most commercial foods are not all that great imo.

For meat loving plecos lived foods are best, but I do not use these as it is more work and space than i have for such things. After live, I go for frozen and Repashy as the next best things. The biggest mistake I made with plecos was some time back when, after having a lot of success spawning, I got cocky and thought I had some special skills. I became lazy and began feeding more and more commercial foods because it was quick and easy. The result was I got fewer spawns and my zebras stopped completely.

At CatCon 2016 theyu had a pleco round table and after it ended i was chatting with Ingo and Dale Ernst about why my zebras no longer spawned. I was wondering if the females lose interest with age. They said no, and asked what i was doing differently now than when they were spawning like crazy, the answer was diet. When I returned home I began feeding a lot of Repashy and Hikari and greatly reduced my use of commercial food. It was the use of Spawn & Grow which finally got my WC 173 to spawn. I have since continued feeding better and all my fish spawn.

Chris L.
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

TwoTankAmin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:50 pm The Hikari i feed is pretty much only the frozen, I trust that brand for frozen. The only other Hikari I use is their algae wafers. Both the amano shrimp and the asassin snails love them. I tried NLS but was not impressed. Most commercial foods are not all that great imo.

For meat loving plecos lived foods are best, but I do not use these as it is more work and space than i have for such things. After live, I go for frozen and Repashy as the next best things. The biggest mistake I made with plecos was some time back when, after having a lot of success spawning, I got cocky and thought I had some special skills. I became lazy and began feeding more and more commercial foods because it was quick and easy. The result was I got fewer spawns and my zebras stopped completely.

At CatCon 2016 theyu had a pleco round table and after it ended i was chatting with Ingo and Dale Ernst about why my zebras no longer spawned. I was wondering if the females lose interest with age. They said no, and asked what i was doing differently now than when they were spawning like crazy, the answer was diet. When I returned home I began feeding a lot of Repashy and Hikari and greatly reduced my use of commercial food. It was the use of Spawn & Grow which finally got my WC 173 to spawn. I have since continued feeding better and all my fish spawn.

Chris L.

Very interesting; and I agree. Diet plays a large role than we think, especially in wild caughts. Do you recommend particular brands in Frozen - San Francisco, Hikari, Ocean Nutrition, Cobalt, etc.? Do you feed anything other than bloodworms, brine shrimp, cyclops?
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I pretty much use the Hikari for frozen. I have 3 sizes of blood worms, one brine shrimp is gut loaded with spirulina the other is plain plus I have mysis shrimp. I also feed daphnia now and then.

Fry get BBS and Cyclops.

Bear in mind the best meaty foods for fish tend to be live. I see frozen as the next best alternative with Repashy on a par.