Fading zebra why?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

plecofish223

Fading zebra why?

Post by plecofish223 »

Hello!

I do not know but this zebra start to fade in colour like this and it do not look like a fight more of a skin problem?
The colour seem to fade away compare to the other ones with strong colour.

Can this be a sick symptom? what should i do to cure it? this one are living with the other zebra do it need to be isolated for threatment?

thank you
Attachments
1.1.jpg
wu19
Groupie

Re: Fading zebra why?

Post by wu19 »

I would check the water. I'm no expert but it might be bacterial, I would isolate him and treat with melafix for a week but you should check your original tank, your nitrite, nitrate, ammonia and see if levels are high.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

It is hard to see much detail in that picture. Can you get a better set of shots from a couple of different angles? Resolution/quality really helps a lot with this sort of thing.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Elroy

Post by Elroy »

TwoTankAmein wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:46 am It is hard to see much detail in that picture. Can you get a better set of shots from a couple of different angles? Resolution/quality really helps a lot with this sort of thing.
I don't think they do fade. You may want to get him checked out.
Last edited by Elroy on Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
grover5

Post by grover5 »

Maybe you need take it to see the veterinarian.
Last edited by grover5 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
thebubbles08

Post by thebubbles08 »

My alpha male looked slightly like that after it lost its cave of 10months to a smaller male, it healed itself,
IF it worsens, possibly paraguard or similar skin med be careful with copper meds. Check parameters first
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Fighting can cause fading and even damage right through to death. That is why clearer pictures would be helpful.

And yes, they do fade, especially when in submissive mode.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
CrissyWinchester

Post by CrissyWinchester »

TwoTasnkAmin wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2434 9:41 pm It is hard to see much detail for phen375 posted here in that picture. Can you get a better set of shots from a couple of different angles? Resolution/quality really helps a lot with this sort of thing.
dont know some people refer to Fading zebra :D
Last edited by CrissyWinchester on Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hsiaotsu

Post by Hsiaotsu »

If you believe the fish is sick, why would you not put it into a quarantine tank? No upside and huge downsides to doing nothing.