Help with disease zebra

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

plecofish223

Help with disease zebra

Post by plecofish223 »

Hello everybody!

I just saw this red spot on my zebra now. About two weeks ago i saw a spot there and was thinking it will dissapear later but now it have turned into this red spot. I read about this and so far the lesion bacterial infection seems to be the closes thing to this case.
Please people with knowledge give me advice what to do?

I was thinking use "esha 2000" to cure this. Anyone have advice?

I plan to isolate this fish in another tank so that it will not risk to spread while i try find away to cure it.

Thank you for reading
Attachments
Sick.jpg
Sick 2.jpg
Sick 3.jpg
Sick 4.jpg
TwoTankAmin

Re: Help with disease zebra

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I am assuming you are in the UK? This matters since what medications are available to fish keepers depends upon where in the world they are. The UK is not known as having liberal policies in this regard. Here in the states we have access to many medications not available in other countries without a prescription.

My first thought is this is a fighting related injury. It may have become infected. If so, antibiotics are usually needed.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
plecofish223

Re: Help with disease zebra

Post by plecofish223 »

I do not know if it is a bite from a fight. But i change water and but on some liquid to make water more healthy for fish.
looking at picture it seem to be better now and his colour is strong so that is good sign i guess?
Attachments
11.jpg