2nd Spawn

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
UKCHRIS
Forum Follower

2nd Spawn

Post by UKCHRIS »

Hi All,

The alpha has been back at it again, second spawn a week or so ago. He kicked out two eggs today so I know for sure, one looks dead one is alive.

Any recommendations on what to do with the little wrigger attached to the egg? He is very small....

Also two of my other zebras look to have pair off as a female was trapped in a cave the other end of my tank last night, doesnt look like any eggs - but the Male hasnt been out all day. What I have noticed though is that yesterday he moved loads of sand so the cave has like a crater round it. My other alpha male did this as well just before the spawning. Has anyone else noticed this trend?
krisA20
Groupie

Re: 2nd Spawn

Post by krisA20 »

Congrats, mine just spawned to, for the first time 6-7. may :cheers:

My male have kicked out 2 small fry from the cave, you can put them in a fry saver like i did ;)
krisA20
Groupie

Post by krisA20 »

Here's a picture:
Attachments
L46 yngel.jpg
UKCHRIS
Forum Follower

Post by UKCHRIS »

Hi Kris,

Congrats on your spawn! I put the one live baby into the fry saver and he seems to be doing ok!

Waiting now to see how the other babies are getting on and how many there are. Looks like the other cave does have some eggs afterall which is great news!

I have 4 babies from my first spawn, still tiny but seem to be doing well in the main breeder tank though now they are a little older I dont see them as much :( Hope they are ok!
UKCHRIS
Forum Follower

Post by UKCHRIS »

1st spawn baby
1st spawn baby
Photo of a baby from my first spawn a few weeks ago...
KrisA

Post by KrisA »

The baby looks fine :aok: