South Africa

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Charles
Forum Follower

South Africa

Post by Charles »

Hi all

I'm new to this site as a member, but have been following some threads with keen interest for a while now as a guest. I am from and live in South Africa in Pretoria. I'm Afrikaans speaking but well versed in English, well at least I think so, I'm married, 4 kids, 17 fish tanks. I love Zebra Pleco's a lot and have a passion for Betta Splendens it's close to sin. Bought my 1st two at 3.5cm. Both died within 3 days. I paid R7000.00 ($813) for them...ouch!! Any way, I am getting a 7cm female on 16 Feb 2013 for a lot less, R2500.00 ($280), and this guy can get me male's of the same size and a little bigger for R2000.00 ($250). That is about the best price here in SA I can find (I know this guy imports at $100 ea). I intend to get a breeding group together and breed them obviously. For now they will be housed in a 3ft tank with ample filtration, rockwork, caves (diy), small grain gravel as substrate. Looking forward to interact with you guys all over the world.

Kind Regards

Charles
TwoTankAmin

Re: South Africa

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Hi and welcome to the site.
One of the admins on the wild angel site I visit is in S. Afr. He is a Professor of Biochemistry in Stellenbosch at the university there..
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
har_eh

Post by har_eh »

Welcome here, if I'm correct your native language(Afrikaans) and mine(dutch) should be quite similar. It's very funny to hear people speak it :) .

Welcome to the site!
Charles
Forum Follower

Post by Charles »

TwoTankAmin wrote:Hi and welcome to the site.
One of the admins on the wild angel site I visit is in S. Afr. He is a Professor of Biochemistry in Stellenbosch at the university there..
Ahh yes, Prof. Dirk Bellstedt. We communicate every so often wrt Angels and my L46.
Charles
Forum Follower

Post by Charles »

har_eh wrote:Welcome here, if I'm correct your native language(Afrikaans) and mine(dutch) should be quite similar. It's very funny to hear people speak it :) .

Welcome to the site!
Hi and thank you. Yes my home language is Afrikaans. Somewhat similar to Dutch, and yes it's funny to hear people speak it, obviously no disrespect intended.