Who is Rod47

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Rod47

Who is Rod47

Post by Rod47 »

Since I've never introduced myself, I think it would be appropriate to answer Icantquit's question here as an introduction. I'm a new member (joined in Jan) who really enjoys L46 zebra plecos and the information provided by everyone that frequents this site. I’m new to social media, so up until now I’ve mainly listened and learned. But I am starting to adapt to it. I live about 40 miles inland from San Francisco (outside Livermore, CA). I got my first zebra plecos about 10 years ago, kept them in a 300 gal tank with a number of discus and other fish, and then lost them all when a fuse blew and shut down the power to the tank while I was away on travel for a week one winter. Up until that time discus were my favorite fish; but discus now come in second to the zebs. Two years ago I decided it was time to start enjoying them again and also try my hand at breeding them. I obtained 5 adults and 6 tank-bred youngsters (about 1.5”) and set them up in a 100 gal tank reserved just for them. I’ve been very lucky in that they all got along well, the younger ones grew up, and my efforts to get them to spawn paid off with the appearance of the first fry 11 months ago. I suspect one reason for this is that I gave them many hiding places by setting up the entire length of their 6 ft tank with layers of overlapping flat rock stacked ~6-8” high. Following that first spawning event, pairs in the group have spawned continuously and given me ~140 beautiful youngsters.
har_eh

Re: Who is Rod47

Post by har_eh »

Welcome here, Rod47!
John

Re: Who is Rod47

Post by John »

Welcome Rod47 :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]