Tips??

If you don't mind sharing them in order to keep these little critters breeding in captivity, chuck your hints and tips this way!

wu19
Groupie

Tips??

Post by wu19 »

How to get my wild caughts out of the tube to determine whether I have a male or female? They won't come out. I can't stay up all night to wait for them bc I punch in to work at 7 am. So basically does anybody have a trick of getting them out their tube without hurting them?
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Re: Tips??

Post by vanillarum »

Not much you can do will get them out - safely. How old are the fish ? Once they are close to maturity, only the males will stake out caves, the females may go in to hide, but they will not usually stay there. The females will more likely hang around the caves that the males are in. Hope this helps. Good luck.
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth
wu19
Groupie

Post by wu19 »

Thank you sir. I got them out.... :D Can you please check my pictures out in male and female post? i just posted it
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

I can not sex zebras (or most other plecos for that matter). But if you posted them, I'm sure you will get some help. Good luck.
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth
Mr. Johnson
Groupie

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Lol, so how did you get them out?
wu19
Groupie

Post by wu19 »

The first one was surprisingly easy, I turned the tube in my bowl that I use for my fish and he slid right out. The second one which is the one with the long fangs on the other hand was a pain. I try shaking the tube but he wouldn't budge. So I put the tube back in my bowl for 10-15 minutes and tried again. Didn't work. So I repeated again with a tap on my thumb and index finger while holding the tube. He slipped right out into the bowl. I got him to his photo shoot. No injuries. :D