Reddish tint in pectoral fin

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

I don't think they are picky, they ignore bloodworms as well as they ignore everything else;)
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Ed_R

I Have two female, that hjave never fattened up in the whole time that I have had them, (One of which is in thepic on the top LHS of your screen). They eat well, aand are my most frequent breeders, but for some reason they are just slender fish.

If they are not losing weight, and continue to show good conditon, I wouldn't be too worried. Just keep an eye on them to make sure that their bellies do not sink in. Even looking at them from the side you should be able to notice if they are not eating as there will be a slight concavity just behind the pectorial fins.

Cheers

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

Thanks Rob. I have noticed no such concavity yet but I am still concerned.

I have four more babies and one big male headed my way in the next week or so, so I may break down and buy a nice big tank for all of them. Maybe a nice Corner 90 ( I have several vacant corners, it's easier to fill them than sweep them!) or something;)