Is flow really needed?

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Mr. Johnson
Groupie

Is flow really needed?

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Hey guys,

I been looking at a few tank set ups and noticed that some people have a lot of flow while others don't have as much.

My current zebra tank is a 75g with an eheim 2217 and a wet/dry powered by a mag 7.

I ask have a modded tunze nano but I'm not using it. With the power head on, my cherry shrimps are getting blasted everywhere.

So, do you guys think I need more flow or just leave it as is?
TwoTankAmin

Re: Is flow really needed?

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Zebras are adapted to live in strong currents. That doesn't mean they need it. What they do need is some current and well oxygenated water. The only consideration is placing caves so that the current flows across the mouth of the cave and not into it. Of course, filtration should always be adequate regardless of flow rates.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Mr. Johnson
Groupie

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Thanks for the advice! :)
YSR50
Forum Follower

Post by YSR50 »

Your shrimp should be fine. My zebras are in a 15g tank with an Emperor 280, Eheim 2026, an Eheim Aquaball and a large air stone. I originally dropped 20 cherry reds in there and a few months later the tank was covered with them.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss