My first zebratank

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Jaz
Groupie

My first zebratank

Post by Jaz »

Here we go:

First day with new tank. Now we are making sure it's waterproof, so we have an official inspector in place. :)
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Looks like the inspector can't wait for the zebs to go in there :lol:
Jaz
Groupie

Post by Jaz »

It's now day 4 and the tank is starting to shape up a little.

Still much to do and we probably change everything again before we are happy but hey at least it's a start. :D
GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Post by GrubbyGirl »

Looking good, don't forget to put in plenty of caves!
Jaz
Groupie

Post by Jaz »

Both sides have caves, they are just hidden. :)
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

That looks really good :)

I wonder sometimes if its better to hide the caves from our own view so we leave them alone and stop shining torches in there looking for eggs etc :lol:
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
Tank looking good. 8)

Probably not finished the tank yet but thought I would mention they do a lot better with plenty of air I can't see any aeration in the tank have you got any in mind. :wink:

Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
Jaz
Groupie

Post by Jaz »

Yeah I have Sera 275 ans Rena 400 waiting in here, just debating over witch one I leave to main tank.
GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Post by GrubbyGirl »

Joby wrote:That looks really good :)

I wonder sometimes if its better to hide the caves from our own view so we leave them alone and stop shining torches in there looking for eggs etc :lol:
I have 11 caves in my tank, all a different angles, and the only ones that get used are the ones that face the front of the tank - go figure!!
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

GrubbyGirl wrote:
Joby wrote:That looks really good :)

I have 11 caves in my tank, all a different angles, and the only ones that get used are the ones that face the front of the tank - go figure!!
Now that is intersting isn't it? I've got most of mine facing the front but was wondering a about having a little sneaky hidden one just in case it made a difference :lol:
GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Post by GrubbyGirl »

I know I have a lot more caves than I need but my new big male has a history having killed the alpha male in his previous owners group. I figured plenty of caves would reduce the chance of him fighting with my sub adult male. Seems to be working nicely as they have chosen caves at opposite ends of the tank, though it's the beta male that seems to attract all the females as the 4 of them hang out at his end!!
GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Post by GrubbyGirl »

GrubbyGirl wrote:I know I have a lot more caves than I need but my new big male has a history having killed the alpha male in his previous owners group. I figured plenty of caves would reduce the chance of him fighting with my sub adult male. Seems to be working nicely as they have chosen caves at opposite ends of the tank, though it's the beta male that seems to attract all the females as the 4 of them hang out at his end!!
They have swapped ends, the alpha male has decided he wants to be up at the gal's end. Even though there are so many caves, they have done a straight swap into each others caves. I wonder what goes on in those little heads of theirs!
Jaz
Groupie

Post by Jaz »

Some new pics. Should be quite finished now, though I'll add more caves when I get more slate.

Transferred zebs in today, they seem to have settled quite nice. Much more active than in community tank. Have seen all 5 eating today (something I never saw in big tank)

Our biggest zeb called Megatron has taken control over the biggest cave in the right. :) Others are kinda finding their own place.
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Great looking tank and love the Megatron name :lol:
Jaz
Groupie

Re: My first zebratank

Post by Jaz »

Hey.

Few weeks back I decided to remake my zeb tank. I have the tank now divided into 2 sections. Right side has 1 male, 3 female l-134's and 2 male, 2 female of l-201's.

Zebs are on the left side. There are 2 or 3 males, 4-5 females and few young ones.

New tank layout increased the number of hiding places a lot and the fishes seem to like the new layout a lot better. :)
Attachments
Tank
Tank
One female zeb
One female zeb