where can i get some zebras from oz

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
sycho zebra

where can i get some zebras from oz

Post by sycho zebra »

Hi guys im from Australia and just wondering if any of you are from here and if you have any for sale in a few weeks time looking around but hard to get.
Excellent site to guys,keep it coming.

David.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

David,

While zebras are becoming more and more difficult to find in the rest of the world, Aus. has limited imports on them for years, so you're going to play hell finding them, and when and if you do, they'll run you into the hundreds of dollars a piece, I'm sorry to say :(

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
sycho zebra

Post by sycho zebra »

Barbia,
I think they are actually closer to the $1000 mark here in oz.
David.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi sycho zebra,

I had read elsewhere on another forum that the price of zebras in Oz was around the $1000 mark but I just dismissed it as a typo. That's the most that I've heard of zebras going for.
Adam

Post by Adam »

sycho zebra,

I was surfing the net the other day when I found some info about zebras in Oz. The site looked like some sort of official waterways one and discussed various species and the impact that they would have on endemic species and habitats were they to get out in the wild. The zebra was listed as a possible species that could survive in the northern territories and was given a rating of moderate/high. Perhaps this explains the high price tag and possible restriction on imports, I think this was the case even before the current embargo on exports.

Anyway who in their right mind would buy a $1000 zebra and then release it in the wild. :shock:
az1
Groupie

Price of l46 in Oz

Post by az1 »

Hi All

Price in Oz is $700 - 800 for a very small one, 2-3cm. Over $1200 for an adult. These prices are 'wholesale', from a shop you will be paying $1100 to $1200 for one 4cm. Breeding pair price out of this world!!!!!

I am working on a breeding pair :lol:

It certainly gives me hope reading about the success of others.

Cheers

Andreas