beefheart

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

aldicks
Forum Follower

beefheart

Post by aldicks »

HI
I have a couple of spawns of babies which are at the 3/4 inch long stage. Recently,because I have some,I began feeding them some San Francsisco Bay prepared frozen beefheart. I did have a death but it could have been accidental as they rarely kill themselves by getting into impossible spots etc. Does anyone know if feeding beefheart ( snuck from my discus,) is a big no no?. They were already getting European shrimp mix that I make myself. The water was not fouled and all other babies were fine. Both the beefheart and the shrimp mix will foul the water in a small tank easily,though. It is a problem in itself because these fish grow slowly so you have to maintain excellent water conditions in a fry tank for a long time. So will beefheart kill the babies at that stage of life ..does anyone know?

Thanks
TwoTankAmin

Re: beefheart

Post by TwoTankAmin »

It is possible for a baby to choke on a chunk I would assume.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.