Big tank

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Brengun
Groupie

Big tank

Post by Brengun »

I have 4 zeb tanks from 2ft to 2.5ft totalling 18 zebs of various sizes and ages.

I was toying with the idea of moving them all into a 4ft x 15 x 18, or a 4ft x 18 x 18 or even a 4.5ft x 20 x 18 and setting up various tiered caves and landscaped areas for them all.

What I am wondering about is how 18 zebs would go once they are all adults, and would they range that far in a tank to feed and breed?

Only likely tank mates might be a couple of cories and some endler guppies or cardinal tetras if they can stand the high current.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Re: Big tank

Post by Stevie.K »

My Zebs range in tanks from 2-3 ft & 4 ft which I have bred in them all.

I have a large group that are in a 6 1/2 ft tank & I make sure I feed in different areas, I have had trappings but never a spwan that I have seen anyway.
They have been in here for a year & some males tend to move from cave to cave quite often & sometimes some caves left empty even though the are all well mature & there is around 5-6 mature males.

When I first set up large group I lost 2 females & a male from disputes in the first month.
If you have a few tanks I would be more tempted to have smaller groups to avoid any tank wipeouts through disese etc or any failures.

I have my zeb groups spread over 9 tanks & I have had better results with trios & groups of 6-9.

Goodluck :)