Another hello from Toronto, Canada

Hmmm...what else can I say!
dreville
Forum Follower

Another hello from Toronto, Canada

Post by dreville »

Hello everyone,

I've been checking this forum several times a day since I received my zebs two weeks ago.

I thought I'd introduce myself to all those who I will be getting to know and I'll be asking for advice in the years to come! :D

I received my beautiful group of juveniles from a fellow Canadian, Zebrapl3co, who is an amazing breeder here and very knowledgeable.

I've been dreaming of these guys for 2 years. I would like to thank, Hitch, who has made this possible and has been helping me so much.

Let me share some pics of my group - mostly pics of their tails. :lol:

Here is their tank which needs a lot more work:

Thanks!
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Re: Another hello from Toronto, Canada

Post by Joby »

Hiya and welcome to the forum :)

That looks a really nice set up with lots of hidey holes :D
loganberriez

Post by loganberriez »

Nice setup buddy. I'm hoping you've stacked your slate very well, so you'd wouldn't want it to collapse on your Zebs. :idea:
dreville
Forum Follower

Post by dreville »

I hope so too. :loldude:

It's been more than a week with no casualties and they seem to be loving it. It's all temporary until I get some caves in there. I'll use the caves to stabilize the whole thing.
But I can't take credit for the setup. It was suggested by my friend, Hitch. I did all the bashing and stacking. :D

There are 2 pairs which always seem to be hiding in the same hidey hole, or very adjacent ones. I read somewhere that at this size, they find a buddy to hangout with.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Hi and welcome to the site.

When they are very young they will all hang out together or in one or two groups. As they grow/age they will begin to break off into some smaller groups and some solos. While the ladies may hang together some, as the boys age they will tend to be more on their own and will claim their spots according to seniority (which may not be size based alone).
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
dreville
Forum Follower

Post by dreville »

Thanks everyone!

This is very good info TwoTankAmin. I've read many of your posts and you seem to be one of the zebra experts. Looking forward to learning more from you. :D

I was told my guys are about a year old, the smallest being at least 1.5" and the biggest around 2" TL.
What has everyone observed as the minimum size/age when we can start to see the physical differences between males and females - be it by venting or a closer look at the body shape/characteristics?
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Welcome to the site, great looking tank & Zebs. :)
dreville
Forum Follower

Post by dreville »

Stevie.K wrote:Welcome to the site, great looking tank & Zebs. :)
Thanks Stevie!