suggestions on 29g biocube for the zebs

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Proteus

suggestions on 29g biocube for the zebs

Post by Proteus »

Am in the process of setting up a brand new biocube for the zebras (3- unsexed) they're at least 4 years old by now. I'm pulling them out of the community tank and giving them their own tank.

But I haven't seen anyone with a biocube tank setup and was wondering if I should just go all rocks and/or driftwood or just try to do a planted tank and add a small school of cardinal tetras to compliment the tank.

Would love to see photos of peoples biocubes with zebs in those setups.

This is going to be my first real quality show tank so I'm going back and forth on what to do in design-wise for those zebs to be able to also breed too if I can get them to.

Any feedback on experience with planted tanks and zebs would also be so much appericated.
mistern2005
Obsessed!!

Re: suggestions on 29g biocube for the zebs

Post by mistern2005 »

I keep rummynose tetras, cardinal tetras, and wild green neon tetras with my zebras and they do great together.

I had a 29g biocube salt water tank. I think it would work well for a zebra setup, but might need a pump upgrade (if I remember the pump supplied is a little under powered). I'd also suggest adding a split return to help direct and create better flow throughout the tank.

I keep "easy" plants with my zebras as well. However since I cater to the needs of the zebras rather than the needs of the plants, my plants tended to decline over time. I never got into a fertilizing dosing regime for the plants in fear it would aggravate what I cared about - the zebras! I will say that you can make one great aquascape with just wood, rocks, and caves.
L046 Breeders - 2M/3F / Lots of other L046 subadults and juveniles.
Lots of L144 - LF/SF, M/F, you name it...
Proteus

Re: suggestions on 29g biocube for the zebs

Post by Proteus »

I was thinking the same about the zebra plecos and focusing on them not the plants and go with their real natural biotope as rio xingu don't have plants in the river am I correct?

however the killer lights that comes with the biocube setup is just too sweet to pass up for a planted tank. such a dilemma i'm faced with :)