5 x Wild Caught Zebras to Sex please

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

5 x Wild Caught Zebras to Sex please

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

Hi all, I am in the process of buying 3 out of the fish shown below, can anyone sex them please. They are approx 5-6 cm in size, a bit smaller than normal, but this is usually the case with wild caught. any help is appreciated.

Its quite a large photo so doesn't fit correctly in the forum, so I have posted a link below.

http://www.businesshostingonline.co.uk/027-1.JPG
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Re: 5 x Wild Caught Zebras to Sex please

Post by Stevie.K »

Not the best pic to help sexing, it looks like a Chen pic to me but I may be wrong?
Some fish look promising to be females as they look pinched @ the gills but they are skinny & still need to mature.
Not an easy one still nice fish, buy them all & I am sure you will have a few females! :wink:
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

lol they are Francis's fish, he has sold 2 of them and has 3 left. Unsure if I will get them or not, he wants £150 per fish which is good, consodering they are wild caught and not fry.
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Ha ha it was the was the orange container that made me think!
Take the gamble i have seen what thought were skinny males turned into nice plump females in a few months. :wink: