*Wanted Fugitive * US Fish And Wildlife requests your help

Hmmm...what else can I say!
EdNewcomer-FWS

*Wanted Fugitive * US Fish And Wildlife requests your help

Post by EdNewcomer-FWS »

The US Fish and Wildlife Service, Office of Law Enforcement, is seeking the assistance of fish collectors, hobbyists, and dealers in locating ISAAC ZIMERMAN, a wanted fugitive. Isaac Zimerman is the owner and operator of two fish businesses in the Los Angeles, California area -- River Wonders (http://www.riverwonders.com) and Da Tien Pets. The companies are involved in the import, export, and sale of exotic fish from around the world and have sold fish to many customers throughout the United States.

Last year, Isaac Zimerman and River Wonders, LLC were indicted in US Federal District Court for smuggling invasive species, smuggling CITES protected fish, conspiracy, false statements, interstate trafficking in prohibited species, and falsifying CITES documents. After his arrest in August 2009, Isaac Zimerman was released on bond pending trial. In May 2010, the indictment was amended to include new charges of smuggling CITES protected fish while on pre-trial release, bringing the indictment to a total of 13 counts. In July 2010, Isaac Zimerman failed to appear for a scheduled court conference and a warrant was issued for his immediate arrest. Since that time, USFWS special agents have learned that Isaac Zimerman has intentionally fled to avoid prosecution.

Isaac Zimerman's two sons, Erik Zimerman and Eitan Zimerman, are closely involved in the River Wonders business operations but have not been charged with any violations of law. However, they may still be in contact with their father.

The special agents of the USFWS know that the majority of fish hobbyists and dealers operate within the law and respect the need to protect imperiled species around the world and to guard against the introduction of potentially harmful invasive species. Accordingly, we are reaching out to you at this time to help us apprehend this fugitive from justice.

If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of ISAAC ZIMERMAN, please immediately contact the US Fish and Wildlife Service in Los Angeles at 310-678-4901 and ask to speak to the duty agent. You can also contact the case agent via email at ed_newcomer@fws.gov.

Thank you for your help.

Special Agent Ed Newcomer
US Fish and Wildlife Service - Los Angeles
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Re: *WANTED FUGITIVE * US FISH AND WILDLIFE REQUESTS YOUR H

Post by Rob »

The above post has not been verified. Please bear with us whilst we decide how it should be treated.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Re: *Wanted Fugitive * US Fish And Wildlife requests your h

Post by Rob »

The above post has now been verified and is genuine.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

Yup, only admins can post in there. I don't see much harm in leaving it where it is. Thanks for decapitalizing it!

Jools
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Interesting...does this also mean that the massive waves of WC/adult zebras we see on Aquabid is going to slow down? Or will someone else take this guy's place and import all those illegal fishes?! I'm interest to see what happens next.....