What's happened to the site?

Enter your technical questions about the forum and its use here! Technical faults and errors with the forum should also be posted here.
Jo's Zebs

What's happened to the site?

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Good to see the site back up and running buts can anyone shead any light on what has happened to the site?
Chats gone, mods section gone, loads of content gone,
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Re: What's happened to the site?

Post by Rob »

Hi Jo

The Site is now in the hands of Jools at Planetcatfish, so he is in the process of completely rebuilding the site. As you will have noticed, the site was "identified as unsafe" in various search engines due to several technical problems.

The primary focus is for Jools to get the platform for the forum updated and remove anything that could be causing a "Threat". As you will see, this has now been done. The next stage will be to increase security and redesign the remainder of the site.

All previous content such as breeding and species info will return in some shape or another.

I will hopefully be speaking to Jools later today and will make an announcement on the forum later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
YSR50
Forum Follower

Post by YSR50 »

Thanks for the update Rob. Looking forward to the site getting back to where it once was Image
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

I haven't got my head round the new site yet, but I sure I will. :book:
I did use to like the old site but changes have to be made to help improve & move the site forward with new & old members. 8)
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

Well, the look and feel will change a bit. But that's really icing on a cake that's still only half baked! Chat will stay gone I think - it was a poor implementation and my experience is it's really hard to moderate and dilutes forum content. The gallery was also rather half baked and rather than see that through, you can now attach images to the forum in a much more integrated fashion. The zebcam has also been removed - it wasn't working.

Once I work out a standard layout for the front page, (about 33% complete, it's 00:43 and I need some sleep) I will then get the links to the content fixed (articles, and the other pages like breeding and habitat) as well as reinstating the latest topics page and introducing an RSS feed so you can keep an eye on zebra from your favourite reader, iPhone, outlook etc.

It'll take a long time, maybe weeks, but each day takes us a little bit forward and certainly secures the future of this site.

Jools
Jools
Site Admin

Post by Jools »

A sample attachment!

PS Email notifications also still don't work - working on that too!
Attachments
IMG_9705.JPG
John

Post by John »

I am so glad someone picked this up, tnx jools :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi John

Good to see you again, thanks everyone for your patience. ;-)

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"