Which background? help me decide

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Which background for my zebra tank?

Plain Black
63%
Plain Blue
6%
Juwel Strata (see below)
6%
Other (please describe in the thread)
25%

Total votes: 16

GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Which background? help me decide

Post by GrubbyGirl »

I am staring to prepare a 100l tank for my new babies. I am undecided about the background to put on. I have a plain one with blue on one side and black on the other, but a friend has given me these juwel background tiles. Now I can't decide. I was leaning towards just a plain black background, but then I saw some nice tank setups with the blue now this juwel background has added another choice!!

This is the background : http://www.seapets.co.uk/view-image.htm ... 0450-large

He just used it behind the tank and although they need a good clean of all the dust on them, they haven't been in a tank.

What do you think?

Angela
Linzi Zeb
Groupie

Post by Linzi Zeb »

I'm currently using plain blue and I definitely think that plain backgrounds are the way forward...it allows everyone's focus to be on the tank contents rather than on a busy picture stuck to the glass...

I'm currently debating whether to swap the plain blue for plain black to darken things a bit and I think the black background will show off the zebs nicely!

If I had the choice over again I'd be tempted to go for a 3D, textured background in all of my tanks, it allows a surface for the zebs to investigate.

Hope this helps,

Linzi :)
Toon Toon, Black and White Zebras!
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

I used to have a plain backing but now have a typical tropical tank backdrop which has plants on it and I find it brightens it up a little as I don't actually have plants in the tank. Don't think the zebs really care what is there though its just for me 8)
vanillarum
Obsessed!!

Post by vanillarum »

I have plain black on my zeb tank, and plain blue on all but 1 other. That is a river and plant background on my L400 tank. Good luck, think it depends on what YOU like !!
The line of least resistance makes crooked rivers and crooked men !

William H. Danforth
Ouscazz
Groupie

Post by Ouscazz »

Why not try plain brown color. I've done this on my Pterophyllum Altum Biotope tank and it really keeps focus on the tank contents rather than a busy back piece. The idea was to create a feeling of infinity, like a piece of a black water stream in Rio Orinoco.

I hope you don't mind if I post some photos of my tank..
GrubbyGirl
Groupie

Post by GrubbyGirl »

That looks good, I'll consider for a future tank, but the plain black is on now!