Help me !!!

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

lclobo
Forum Follower

Help me !!!

Post by lclobo »

Hello;
I need help you... What do you think this palleness?? :(

I used Melafix for 7 days and the problem remain. I have do water change 30% daily...
Would be necessary the use any antibiotics?? Methil blue solution topically??

Thanks for sugestions...

lclobo
dconnors
Groupie

Post by dconnors »

It looks to be injuries from fighting. It will probably heal on its own, just watch for secondary infection. :o :o
darry
Forum Follower

Post by darry »

That zebra look male to me, so i shall answer using the male approach.

I agree with dconners that this is an injury due to aggressiveness. Just a couple of questions:

1) How many caves do you have in the tank? If less caves than males, then you will see such injuries more frequently in a unestablished tank. Hence, one way to reduce this will be to provide more caves than the males or the overall number of zebras.

2) Try catching that zebra with your bare hand. Good if it can escape and hide elsewhere. But if you can "catch" it and it allow you to "catch" it, then it is likely that an infection had developed.

3) Is other zebras in the same tank alright? Just in case infection outbreak, it may cause a disaster in the tank.

If you can verify that all are well, then a few good water changes and good feeding will nurse that poor zebra back to shape.

Oh yes, just in case if that piece is a female, go shine in the caves to check if there is any surprise. Very often, my female will get some scratch marks after spawning, you know what i mean :)
lclobo
Forum Follower

Post by lclobo »

Hello darry, hello dconnors:

Thank very much for the your opinions..
I really think that the zeb it's a male... I agree that the "lesion" have been consequence/resultant of fighting because really there are few caves in this thank.
In the last week, I did change the zebs of the tank and this moment they are in the aquarium "naked" with few caves...
There are 15 zebs... and in my opinion, I think that all of them are males... They are feeding well,,, at least aparentely...

In the next week, i will return the zebs to the tank with ornamentals... with much more caves...

15 days ago:

The real Tank :

The future House's Zebs... in the next week

Thanks

lclobo
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

It looks like a male that has been damaged by fighting I have seen much worse just keep on top of your ater changes for a few weeks keep the water nice and clean and he should be just fine if you can get hold of almond leaves these can help, I have females that get this sort of damege every month when spawning they always recover quite quickly.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Zebras really hate and get stressed fr0om being forced to live without adequate cover. I would strongly suggest that you add whatever you can for them to hide behind, in or under to the temp tank.

In order for me to catch and remove fry from my breeder tank I not only have to remove all the decor, but also the poweheads, the filter intakes and have to detach the heater and let it hand loose in the middle of the tnk. If I don't, the zebras will cram behind whatever they can to hide.

The combo of many males and open space is an invitation to fighting and injuries as well as greatly incresed stress levels.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
lclobo
Forum Follower

Post by lclobo »

Hello everyone;

I decided to isolate the small zebra in an aquarium hospital. I was really with fear of a secondary infection and her to commit the whole tank.

I am treating them with castanheira (Terminalia capatta - following suggestion of Jo's Zebs) leaves, applying Wound ease of Mydor, increased the temperature for 32 degrees Celsius and have I been maintaining changes waters 30% daily.

I was observing better, and I saw that there is possibility of the fish to be a female. Anyway, when I transfer them for the aquarium with ornaments, I will photograph them (15) for you to say on the sex of each one of them.

I would also like your opinion on how to have more chances of reproducing them: all to put the fifteen zebras in only one aquarium or to divide them in two grupos/2 aquariums?

Once again thank you very much for the attention, readiness and pieces of advice of all you

Luciano