Latest IBAMA expedition on the Xingu

Whats happening in the wild, current issues and debates....oooh this one'll get hot!

John

Latest IBAMA expedition on the Xingu

Post by John »

Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Looks like a lot of info none of which I can read :(

Will there be an English version at any point?
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
hugodone

Post by hugodone »

Using an English to Portuguese translator I found this interesting rough translation of a section on pg 27: "About that species (L47) they were asked countless questions to the fishermen in the several points for the which we passed. According to them, during the second half of the decade passed to the first years of that, the fishing of the acari-zebra was very intense, involving youths, adults and children. Discussions in virtual forums of aquarismo affirm that in that time got to leave more of 250000 copies a year. For the that was said by some fishermen, that number might still have been larger. The most recent accusations affirm that about 500 animals are transported leaving Altamira, road aerial or terrestrial illegally [b]every week[/b]."
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Every week oh dear you would think with more and more people breeding them the desire for wild caught is less but I have found that people are more intent on obtaining wild caught over tank bred, its never ending :|
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk