newbie here

Hmmm...what else can I say!
mlknewbie

newbie here

Post by mlknewbie »

I have been lurking around this site for about a year now.

I fell in love with the zebra pleco before I knew what it was. Than I saw the price tag on them :shock: I figured I better practice my fishkeeping on a different kind first...

So I started slowly acquiring different kinds. I have L66, L270, L260, L333, L129, L190, L201, L128, L204, and the last ones I bought were the L183s. The only one that I have lost has been a L260 that went AWOL...

The only ones that I got extremely nervous about was the young pair of L183's. Mainly because of the $$$, but also because of their sensitivity. I have finally gotten past the point of checking in on them everyday and making sure their tank is spotless and just letting them be!

So I decided that I have experience in pleco keeping to warrant the purchase of zebras. Holy smokes they have been hard to find!!! Low and behold, I found an ad from somebody in my childhood hometown :D selling some babies, and I just knew they were meant for me!!! I sent a PM, and just got off the phone with him last night. I will be picking them up next week :aok:

Now all my fears are back! I know they will go away as usual, but I can't help it. I am currently in the process of moving fish around so they can have an established tank while I set up their permanant home. Now I am scrambling to get the right kind of filter, air, etc....

We are currently heading out the door to a fish swap, where I know I will meet up with a fellow fish friend who I talk plecos with.

I will keep this updated as things progress, but I am always open to ideas and suggestions!
John

Post by John »

Welcome mlknewbie :)

Good luck on your purchase of zebbies :wink:
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Welcome to the site, enjoy your fish when they arrive. :)
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Welcome, and one's first zebras are always a rush :D

They really are not all that difficult to keep, don't worry.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
kingie11
Obsessed!!

Post by kingie11 »

good to have you
Steve.
mlknewbie

Post by mlknewbie »

thanks everyone!

We are thinking about putting them in a 45 gallon tank until we get their permant home completely cycled. Do you think that will be too big? I am going to take out all of the adult BN, and leave the babies. Do you think this will pose a problem with this size of a tank?
mlknewbie

Post by mlknewbie »

we brought them home tonight! They were a bit smaller than I thought they would be, so we'll see what happens. I have them in a fry trap in our 45 gallon until I am absolutely certain their new home is completely cycled!