Hello and a white worm like thread

Hmmm...what else can I say!
ZEBS_R_ME
Forum Follower

Hello and a white worm like thread

Post by ZEBS_R_ME »

hELLO i JUST GOT INTO ZEBS I AM THINKING ABout getting some umm but i have a problem with my albino bn tank i am have these small little worm like things they look like white string all different sizes i will post a pic later if anyone can help i would like to fix this before i get the zebs
Heliophobe
Groupie

Post by Heliophobe »

It could be planaria. How much are you feeding? Cutting back will probably clear it up. Also gravel vac the substrate when you do your weekly water change. Last, bettas and gourami's will eat them.

I assume you aren't putting the zebras in with the ABN though correct?
ZEBS_R_ME
Forum Follower

Post by ZEBS_R_ME »

No the zebs are going to go with some cories and cherry shrimp. put here is a pic it is hard to take a picture of these things i was going to use some of the water from that tank guess not now and they are different sizes some little some big
ZEBS_R_ME
Forum Follower

Post by ZEBS_R_ME »

Does anyone have an answer.
Heliophobe
Groupie

Post by Heliophobe »

How long are these things. Looks like a real close up pic.

I would still cut back on the feeding and check the nitrates.
ZEBS_R_ME
Forum Follower

Post by ZEBS_R_ME »

there are some that are little and some that are big little being like .25in to .75
Heliophobe
Groupie

Post by Heliophobe »

And your nitrate?
ZEBS_R_ME
Forum Follower

Post by ZEBS_R_ME »

No amonia
no nitrate

also today i did a 80 percent water change when i put the water back in they came out from every where i do not know what the hell they are i want to kill them but i do not want to harm my fish i have 20 babies with the albino adults and there is no sand on the bottom of the tank they kinda of squiggle all over the place the worms.
Heliophobe
Groupie

Post by Heliophobe »

Is this a heavily planted tank.

There's a reason for the questions.
ZEBS_R_ME
Forum Follower

Post by ZEBS_R_ME »

No plants bare bottom just some slate caves and some driftwood 20gallon long 1 male and 1 female albino bn 20 babies about an inch no fish have been harmed to my knowledge. it has a emperor 280 on it.
Heliophobe
Groupie

Post by Heliophobe »

OK, zero nitrates in a bare bottom non-planted tank is not possible.

Population explosions of worms occur when there's excess feeding or nutrients in the water.

You probably have a bad test kit if it showed zero, unless it was higher than 0 before you did an 80% water change.

Why did you do the 80% water change anyway? A change that large can in and of itself stress the fish. There had to have been a reason.
ZEBS_R_ME
Forum Follower

Post by ZEBS_R_ME »

it is was 10 to 20 nitrate tested again sorry and i did the water change to see if i could get the worms out.
ZEBS_R_ME
Forum Follower

Post by ZEBS_R_ME »

would you like me to take a picture of the tank?
Heliophobe
Groupie

Post by Heliophobe »

When and how much was the last water change before the 80%?

No need to take a pic other than me being happy to see the tank.... :D
ZEBS_R_ME
Forum Follower

Post by ZEBS_R_ME »

I try to do at least 20 percent every week or two I feed once a day at night I mean my bn breed with no problem.
I also have a 75 gallon tank with other types of fish never have i seen any thing like this. today i placed one ghost shrimp in a container with the squggle worm things and he ate all of the so i placed that ghost shrimp into the tank hoping it will help. here is a pic of the tank

Also i do know i have a leopard frog pleco. the female bn is to the right of the frog near a cave the male is to the left in a cave all you see is his tail and one of the babies is right behind the leopard frog if you zoom in.