unusual growth updated???????????? any help appreciated

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

i'm now on my 4th day of treatments of the esha 2000 and esha exit. when do i need to stop treating? do i only stop when the ulsers have completely healed? one of them looks as though a skin maybe forming over the red ulser so maybe healing. its not the one in the pic above as he has been hiding since i got the pic of him at the front of the glass. is there a point where dosing is not needed as the meds would have cleared all the problems and just keep the water clean will do the trick. it says that more than a standard 3 day dose can be done on severe illness.?
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

after switching the lights on on my main tank i noticed some things crawling all over the bog wood and totally covering the water. i just stripped down the tank poured boiling water over everything and scrubbed the wood with a tooth brush and filled up 4 days ago. the wood has been sitting in my living room for 6 months as it was too big for the last tank. now i think that this wood has had eggs laying dormant untill i eventually put it in the water with my new tank a month ago when i swapped the zebs into it. i took a video untill my batteries died i will try and get a better one when they have charged up. you can notice them crawling after about 25 seconds they are really small. has anyone seen them before?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n-h8D-RPM ... annel_page
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

i stopped treating esha 2000 and exit on thursday and have done a good few water changes over the last few days. now i have noticed the 2 males with the ulsers showing other symptoms. one is showing the same symptoms as the first one that died and the other is showing the same as the second one that died. :(
i have decided to do start a double dose of esha treatments later after doing 2 more 20% water changes. i can only hope for the best. sorry if this thread is getting boring i just dont know what else to do and the lfs's just tell me crap.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

This thread is not getting boring, the only sound advise left I can give you is get intouch with a proper vet at any vet practise in your area you should beable to find one in the yellow pages if you go and have a chat with them and take a water sample they will beable to tell you what is going on they are in a position to prescribe antibiotics to put an end to the disease in your tank before you end up losing them all, it has got to be worth it.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

i have had no more deaths and things are hopefully looking up they are looking more lively and even a couple of arguments and a bit of nudging which only tells me that they are getting back to their old ways.
They are in a small tank at the moment with little room for them, while i do cycle on their new home. i have decided to spend a bit of money on their new home as they deserve it.

i heard back from the post mortem and to say they told me nothing was an understatement. obesity was one thing they noticed? i have thought that my fish seem quite thin compared to others on here.
and fin damage which might be a result of bullying. i dont think so they were so lathargic towards the end they couldn't of managed it. althogh they did say that they found nothing nasty which is good but also it was hard for them as if the fish had been dead for 30mins it would have started to deteriorate.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Really pleased things are looking up thats great news :D
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Dane
Forum Follower

Post by Dane »

as above

esha meds are mint

Dane
Plec List. L134, L201, L46, L260
mistern2005
Obsessed!!

Post by mistern2005 »

any updates on this???
L046 Breeders - 2M/3F / Lots of other L046 subadults and juveniles.
Lots of L144 - LF/SF, M/F, you name it...
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

all remaining 12 are doing fine and are eating really well i've never seen them eat so much. i have brought them a few different frozen foods
daphnia, artema brine shrimp and a mixture called tropical quintet. although this has the first 2 with it and also blood worms as well (i think) which i havent tried to put in due to the choking hazards. i was also a bit wary about the other long wormish type things that comes with it but they seemed fine. not sure what they are it doesn't actually say on the packet.
i've been doing daily 15-20% water changes missing 1 or 2 days a week just untill their new tank matures. pics will be in when i have it set up properly. thanks for all the help and concern about my fishies.