food

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

will74
Groupie

food

Post by will74 »

The only thing I can get my fish to eat is bloodworm. They used to eat a homemade gelatin based food but after I bought them some frozen bloodworms they won't eat it anymore. My fry eat baby live brine shrimp and homemade gelatin shrimp and zucchini mix.
If I don't feed them for a while will they start eating the gel based food again or have i ruined them by giving them bloodworms?
Also If I made a gel based food containing mostly frozen bloodworms ground up extremely fine mixed with zucchini, spirulina, shrimp, and flakefood would that make a difference? Just figured i'd ask before I wasted all that time and money and it not work. Any ideas on alternate food would be appreciated greatly.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

You are always better feeding a good mix of food so they do not become hooked on one thing, I would keep adding a little of somthing different and a little less bloodworm but slowly and over a long period of time until you have them on a good mix but to be fair zebs do love bloodworm, mine also love lobster eggs mostly but they get it as part of a mixed diet.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
RAYISKING
Groupie

Post by RAYISKING »

Give them Hikari Carnivore pellets mine loves those
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Try any of the following foods available from kensfish.com, I use them all for zebras:

earthworm sticks and flake
spirulina w/garlic flake once a week
veggie sticks
meaty wafer

Other frozen foods of various sizes: All Hikari BioPure
daphnia
bbs
mysis
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.