finally!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

will74
Groupie

finally!

Post by will74 »

I finally got my zeb's to breed. Is it normal for the male to leave the cave entrance to eat?
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

Can you provide a little more information? When did the male lay eggs? If so, how long have they been in there? I have not actually bred the zebras but the other hypancistrus males have not left the caves to eat until the fry's egg sacks were absorbed and they were swimming on their own... Until then, he stays deep in the cave fanning the eggs...
will74
Groupie

oss

Post by will74 »

The female laid the eggs during the night before last but the male kicked them out and I think the rest of the colony ate them. Maybe the male is just too inexperienced.
will74
Groupie

eggs

Post by will74 »

Found another clutch of eggs in the same cave this morning and the male is guarding the cave with his whole body. Maybe he can get it right this time!
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

:lol: Great news!!! :D Good luck and keep us posted!!
will74
Groupie

babies

Post by will74 »

Ended up with 3 little guys with no egg sacs, I left them in the tank and know I can't find them. Last night I saw one baby eating gelatin food but no sign of the other two. I know they have not been sucked up in the filter because the intakes are covered with sponges. Hopefully they will all make it.