zebra move

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

will74
Groupie

zebra move

Post by will74 »

I have to move my zeb's and was wanting some info to see if I have all the basis covered. I am going to make sure all the parameters are the same, gh, kh, ph, and temperature. I am also going to put all the water from the existing tank into the new one. If i have forgotten anything please let me know.
Should I bag them and acclimate like you do when you first get them? Should I catch them with my hands to avoid damage from the net? How many should i put in a one gallon freezer bag?
Also I have a piece of wood and need to know how to sterilize it. Can I use malachite green and formalin to make sure there is no bacterial infections or parasites? This would be merely a precaution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I need to move them asap so any advice would be extremely beneficial.
Thanks, Will
Cichlidthrill@yahoo.com
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

How long is the trip? I moved mine with no problem.. I put all the Zebras in a 5 gallon bucket, took more than half of the existing tank water, set it up, put the fish right back on there new home.
will74
Groupie

move

Post by will74 »

I only have to move them from one room to another. Any ideas on the driftwood? Did you use a net or your hand? did you just dump the bucket into the tank without acclimation? Sorry so many questions.
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

From one room to another? I don't think it's going to be that hard at all. You don't even have to take them out of the tank, just take out as much water as you can and empty the tank of any decor, caves and what have you.. As far as the driftwood, there is no need to do anything to it, if it's already in the tank now.
civicr
Obsessed!!

z

Post by civicr »

here is a topic i posted about how i moved zebs when i moved house

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=
2x wild zebs
4x mature zebs
6x juvi zebs
3x zeb fry 2days old 11/09/08