zebras and red lizards(L-10a)

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

leeac
Forum Follower

zebras and red lizards(L-10a)

Post by leeac »

Is it ok to put the two groups together in a 58gal planted tank(10 zebs and 6 lizards) with the goal of breeding them? Tank specs are: 83 F, 3 kh, Ph 7.3

Thanks!
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I am one of those folks who believe breeding zebras should be dome in a species tank. I also note that, according to PlanetCat, L-101a has not been bred in tanks. However they list a lot of folks with them and I would not be surpised if one of them might have done so.

The one thing that would bother me about mixing the two is they both like caves. hate to see them competing for space. Also, I would hate for a sick whiptail to give something to zebras.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Line
Groupie

Post by Line »

Hello

L10a has been bred quite often and as to the caves: L10a prefer caves open in both ends - so they don't really compete for the same caves.

Perhaps the temperature is a little to high for L10a.

Best regards
Line
leeac
Forum Follower

Post by leeac »

Thanks for the replies. The lizards were delivered on Friday and though healthy, look quite fragile. They are 2+inches, but 1.5inches of it was all tail! It looks like some of the bigger zebras, who are 3+inches, could snap them in half with one big shove :lol: ! The red lizards will be in a 10 gal tank with the yellow shrimps for now and will be getting their own 29gal. tank(except for 1 L-134 already in there) in the near future. :D