Is frozen b.brine shrimp ok?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Brengun
Groupie

Is frozen b.brine shrimp ok?

Post by Brengun »

Thought I had better have a visit of the spawn section cause if mine ever do it I will get in an excited tiz for sure.

While I am still coherent, I was wondering if bought frozen baby brine shrimp is ok to feed the fry? It thaws out like little grainy stuff.

I have breed bb shrimp myself but I can never figure out how to separate the shrimp from the salty water and the eggs casings.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Frozen bbs is fine, frozen cyclop-eeze is even better. I make a mix that is about 80% cyclops and then 10% each frozen bbs and frozen daphnia.

I hatch bbs is a 1 gal jug with an airstone. T o get out shrimp I turn off the air- wait a few mins for the shrimp to settle on the bottom and the shells to float up and then use a baster to get out the bbs. I then put them into a small piece of a coffee filter folded to make a small cone. This lets the sw drain. I run some fresh water through them and then put them into a small cup of water and use the baster to feed from the cup.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
lgb
Forum Follower

Post by lgb »

i use Tetra Fresh Delica Daphnien and Tetra Fresh Delica Brine Shrimps and they love it.
Brengun
Groupie

Post by Brengun »

I have been using frozen bb on the adults and they seem to come out for it faster, mainly because the bb seems to sink better than adult bs. They are fairly meticulous in eating it too. Every groove on the tops of caves and every grain of sand gets the once over.

I have also seen them eating osi brine shrimp pellets. They won't touch vegs or algae tabs.