Adivce needed please

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

finetaste
Forum Follower

Adivce needed please

Post by finetaste »

Hi everyone,

Im concerned about one of my zebras, it appears that its losing its black stripe on the head and its head area looks very pinky in color.

I noticed a small fungi looking thing on its head yesterday and today i got the fish out to further examine it and the fungi has gone but the fish still looks very pink like in color near the head and i noticed that the tail doesn't look quite right as well, i dont know what it might be all my other zebras look perfect except this one.

Heres some pictures of that fish.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Reg.
Jamie24
Obsessed!!

Post by Jamie24 »

looks to me like it is a scrape makrk or rub mark, are there lost of hiding places for him? as looks like it could be caused by him squeezing into a place that isnt the right size for him and rubbing his head as he tries to hide. it then has become infected.

id keep a close eye on him, then if it gets worse ad some melafix or primafix to the tank. do any of the others show this? try adding some more hiding places...
L046 x 16 + Fry
finetaste
Forum Follower

Post by finetaste »

Actually there is not too many hiding places, i might add a few more in today.
The other fishes look perfect.

I wonder if the other guys are bullying him? Because his tail seems like its been nipped and its showing no signs of growing back to normal length.