Hello everyone :)

Hmmm...what else can I say!
MrT

Hello everyone :)

Post by MrT »

Hi
Ive been reading these forums for a while and figured that its time to say hello.

Ive been keeping tropical fish for a about 10 years altogether with a couple of years gap in the middle. My main interest is plecos particularly the L numbers cats (mainly the hypancistrus but i love the other also :)

about 12 months ago i decided i wanted to start breeding plecos, so i started off with the good old bristlenose, im now selling the young back to my LFS on a regular basis, bristlenose = rabbits!

I went for Bristlenose to start with just to make sure i didint spend a fortune then get bored with it all (would have been an expencive project with some of my favorite species, if i had got bored with it all)

I can honestly say that now ive done that i want to move on to something a little more challenging (thinking L66 at the moment but would love to keep/breed L46 at some point in the future)

I have at the moment 3 tanks, which are as follows :-

Jewel rio 180 which houses the family pet (female red devil) along with a gibbiceps, a pim and a silver shark (donated by someone local (it outgrew their 2foot community!)

I also have a couple of 3ft tanks on a traditional metal frame, the bottom one is my ancistrus breeding zone which homes a breeding pair and about 4 different broods of young which are taken out and sold back to the LFS when they get big enough.
The top tank homes my collection catfish community with the following:-
royal plec (the grey one which gets to about 25cm)
2 flash plecs (L201 i think)
4 L66
1 L260 (arabesque)
1 unknown hypancistrus (similar to L66 but its mainly black)
1 L200 (My best looking fish by far green with yellow fin borders and yellow spots on the front of the body)

I realise that ive got fish in the community which are suited to different environments and will try to seperate them as and when i get more tank space.

My current plan is to setup another couple of 3ft tanks, one to breed L66 and the other.. well who knows, id love L46 but 2 things stop me, a price and b ive never even seen them for sale so i guess ill end up trying something else while i build up my experience with these smaller plecs.

thats about it really, any advice, hints on breeding would be great although ive gained so much knowledge just from reading various forums.

Thakns for Reading

MrT
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

A big welcome to the site Mr T, you will be able to find some to buy from members who are breeding them here, who maybe live near you.

Good luck :)
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

:D Welcome :D
John

Post by John »

Welcome MrT :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
MrT

Post by MrT »

Thank your for the warm welcome.

I had hoped to make aquantances on here to possible get some Zebras at a later date. It would be excellent to get hold of some but i think i will hold off for the time being so that i can take in as much information as possible about them and of course gain experience breeding similar (cheaper and easier) cats first.

way too much money involved for me to get Zebras while only having half a clue :)

Thanks again

MrT