L236......A little advice please

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Elaine
Groupie

L236......A little advice please

Post by Elaine »

Hi Guys,

Got a group of these lovely plecs last year and am now looking to try and breed them.
I have kept only 2 as my male would only allow one other anywhere near him. I'm no expert,but it does look female.
My questions are : what size of tank for these 2 ?
would B.D. Aquarium Sand be Ok ?

Any pointers you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Elaine
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Breeding will be pretty much the same a zebs at a guess...

what size tank can you offer them - smallest I'd use would be a 2ft - but would shy away from that and use larger if possible to provide more stable water conditions...
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Elaine
Groupie

Post by Elaine »

Hi Smithrc, and thanks

I have a 30x12x15 or a 36x15x18 I could use for them.Been searching around and don't seem able to find a great deal of info on them at all.That's why I hoped someone here could keep me right.
Would BB be better than sand? Loads of nooks and crannies to hide in and a couple of caves........right?
So,you think if I give them the same care/food/environment as the zebs it should be Ok? What about temp.I keep the zebs at 86 degrees. Perhaps a little cooler for these guys ?

Cheers
Elaine
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

plz post some pics of them :lol:
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Elaine
Groupie

Post by Elaine »

Hi Andrew,

I might be way of the mark here........ ( they say the memory is the first thing to go ...LOL ), but didn't you post ,some time ago, about considering buying some of these guys ?

Did you do it ?

I'd love to post some pics of all my fish.......I don't know how to.Sad I know.
I do intend buying a camera and sorting it out though.
I'm getting some building work done at home in a few weeks time, and will be moving my plecs and a few other fish out of harms way.Would be a good chance to take some pics...............just need to get my butt in gear and do it.

Cheers
Elaine