ZEBRAS AND LOACHES!!!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

pleco2007
Forum Follower

ZEBRAS AND LOACHES!!!

Post by pleco2007 »

I have A LOT of snails in my tank!!! I tried to pick out the snails every other day, treated my plants, and I feed my zebras less. But still have many bad snails that over populate my tank. I was think about getting a few big clown loaches to solve the problem. Has anyone ever mix the two together? Will the Clown Loach eat or abuse the baby Zebra frys?

Thanks,

Dee
alpharoyals
Forum Follower

Post by alpharoyals »

I have clowns to keep control of snails but dont have any Zebs yet :(
John

Post by John »

Take a look: here
Or simply do a search on this site on loaches.
I would strongly advice not to keep any loaches with zebs as there are some breeders/keepers that allready lost zebs due to loaches.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
KnaveTO
Groupie

Post by KnaveTO »

When you refer to bad snails what type are you referring to? I keep Malazian Trumpet Snails in my Zeb tank as they help remove some of the detrius in the tank andmove the light layer of substrate around.

A number of people use zuchinni (courgette) in their tank to help remove the snails. Take a small slice and attach it into your tank with a veggie clip or something similiar. Do not use an elastic band around a rock as that can be very harmful to your plecos as they will also munch on the elastic and it can kill them. In the morning remove the zuchinni snails and all...