What Numbers & Sex in Your Breeding Group...?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Jamie24
Obsessed!!

What Numbers & Sex in Your Breeding Group...?

Post by Jamie24 »

Ok, first of all i was going to make this a vote/ poll but realised there would be too many options to make up and there would be a lot of confusion.

Just curious as to how many and of what sex are in all of your breeding groups (that are actually spawning and producing fry)

if you could state the number of fish and number of each sex and tank size for instance...

2 Adult M & 3 Adult FM in a 60L tank

or

1 Adult M, 1 SubAdult Male & 1 Adult FM, 2 SubAdult FM in a 60L tank

or

5 Unknown sex (obviously atleast one of each - otherwise they wouldnt be spawning) in a 60L tank

If all of those of you that has a spawning group if you could please post what your group consists of if you know or even dont know something allong the lines of above and size of tank

im sure the results and differences will be very interesting...

i will try to compile all of the results to see what i can find out from the data gained..

thanks in advance J 8)
L046 x 16 + Fry
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

1 adult male - 1 adult female - 140L - spawning
1 adult male - 1 adult female - 140L - were spawning before I separated them into their own tank. :?
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

11 adults in a 30 gal (US) breeder tank.

For certain 3 males which have spawned- there may be one more male, the rest should all be females but I am not 100% sure.

Total Spawns to date: 30
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Hi Jamie

1 adult male & 2 adult females in a 120 litre, several spawnings from both females.

1 adult male & 2 adult females in a 180 litre, several spawnings from both females possible 3rd female as looking very plump but male not letting her in cave yet!

2 adult males & 1 adult female in a 150 litre, one spawn but eggs infertile :( , female was in both caves on night of spawn & choose younger male!
This tank has been set up for 2 months so early days yet.

I had moved this younger male from the 120 litre tank as when i had moved the alpha male to another tank with fry he had a spawning but left the eggs, so was starting to cause a few problems.

Top 2 tanks where set up as having 2 males but these turned out to be females :D .