l264

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
hullfishman
Groupie

l264

Post by hullfishman »

hi everyone , i bought 2, 5-6 inch l264 leporacanthicus joselimai a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if you guys coud give me an idea as to the sex of them. i would like to try breeding these fish but i am struggling to find much info so if anyone has experience with them please tell.
kind regards
dave
hullfishman
Groupie

Post by hullfishman »

lots of views but no replys, surely someone must keep this fish.
lets have a few comments pleeeease.
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Hi Dave,

I've only ever had one - and it didnt make it past 3" :(

On first glance I'd say 2 males... both are slim and spikey
But it hink your going to need better pics to sex 100%

They are looking good ;)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
hullfishman
Groupie

Post by hullfishman »

hi, i will try to get some better pics but they only come out when the lights are off, i suspected they could be males, one of them has cleared all the gravel out of his cave which has created a low wall around the outside entrance.
thanks for taking the time to reply
kind regards
dave :D
reticulata
Forum Follower

L-264

Post by reticulata »

I have had them in the past and would again if I could find any breeding info on them. I believe I have heard they breed in captivity. They are probably my favorite pleco. With regard to lack of replies, a few months back I posted asking for info re: L-287/400 and out of over two hundred views I got 0 replies.
hullfishman
Groupie

Post by hullfishman »

maybe the lack of posting just reflects the amount of people with experience with these fish, i suppose there are a lot of l numbers to choose from.
thanks for your reply
its a pity you are so far away,you could have taken them off my hands soon as they are keeping my tank warm for my first zebras
regards
dave
reticulata
Forum Follower

L-264

Post by reticulata »

I was going to say "ship them" but then I noticed your are in the UK. Over the past couple of years in my transformation from 35 years of raising guppies to plecos and corys I have been enthralled by all the hype re: zebras. I even flew to Chicago and Las Vegas to pick some up. I now have three groups with one group spawning. I have 12 little ones and am very pleased. I hope to semi-retire in a couple of years from now and supplement my income with breeding fish. Good luck with your aquisition.

Lary
KnaveTO
Groupie

Post by KnaveTO »

I have a Sultan as well, and from what I read on planet catfish as well as other site is that the male had more pronounced fin spines than the female. I have one myself and it is most definately male. Yours seem to be a male and a possible female.