Tell me what you think???

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Tell me what you think???

Post by jerms55555 »

Ok I just bought this zebra I found on-line two days ago for a $125.....ouuuuch :x My newborn could go without formula for a couple days, right??? :wink:

This was the only one he had since he said he specializes in Discus. But when I got him home his stomach was really suncken in, so I put him in a breeding floating net to try to get some food directly to him. So last night he ate all his bloodworms.:D

But here he is'
http://homepage.mac.com/jerms_5/Zebra_P ... lbum3.html

I will put the other 3 wilds up soon.
wandj
Obsessed!!

Post by wandj »

Is that fish as skinny as mine? See "skinny zebra". Mine looks awful and has looked that way since I've had her. She is getting better, but she just won't die. She is quite active and quarrels with others in the tank (the other ladies who happen to be much smaller).
fishboy20
Groupie

Post by fishboy20 »

Wow, $125 for that little guy? I am so unsure what the going market is for these guys right now. Getting F-1 generation though really insures that the wild stock stays in place plus you get to see the full life span of the fish (20+ years). I know that some larger zebras were going for that much on Aquabid.com before it went down.

You pictures are awesome btw. Keep up the good work! He/She/It looks nice!
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

damn dude. 125 is way too much for one zebra. aquabid has better deals than that
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Try feeding him frozen daphnia or cyclopeeze. I have no idea what the nutritional difference is, but it will definitely help him condition as fast as anything I've ever seen.

I really need to take pictures of my L134. I thought my zebras looked fat before they spawned, but these things have stripes all stretched out of shape from their tummies!

He looks to be a very cute little bugger, with good shape and striping and what not. I have a feeling zebras are going to become worth what people are willing to pay. Hopefully that will settle down and a price will be cut and dry by the time I can get around to selling any fry next summer.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

show us pictures of your fat ones barbie.. :D
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

oi... we'll have non of that one here......wrong website.!! :wink: :lol:

Barbie let me re-phrase the kind gentlemans request!!!

Could one please see a photgraphic image of ones fat L134?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway jerms, I thin it's a little male. Bit it is very hard to tell at that size.
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

I know Du ma $125 was pretty crazy! But I had the money and my birthday is coming up,so what the hell. :wink: (Thats the same excuse I used with my wife,it works prety well :D ) But I have seen them here in Los Angeles for $200 and they are under 1"!! The ones I saw on Aquabid are usually F1s going for $75-100.

Do you think I should deworm him some way? I know wandj used a flake food from florida guppies plus, but is there something i can get off the shelf quick?

One thing i noticed is when I feed him he eats right away, and hasn't shown any wieght gain, but than again I only had him for three days now.....so I guess time will tell.
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

I'd say the fact you have only had him for 3 days.....AND you have actually seen him feed is a definate good sign. I've had my 4 zebras for just a little over 4 months and I still havent witnessed a full blown feeding session although they always have full bellies and have recently bred for me. I do suspect that my Zebras are munching on the snails and snail eggs in the tank which obviouslt contributes to their health and condition. Some folks hate snails......personally, I love them...they just have soooooo many uses.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]