Two tier multi aquarium stand

Anything from making a cave, to building a fishroom, this is the place to post.
DanD
Groupie

Two tier multi aquarium stand

Post by DanD »

I am currently building a two tier stand. It will eventually hold 6 aquariums of different sizes.

The rough plan is:

50G or 65G Cichlid tank (depending on how much clearance I want above the tank)
30B Zebra tank
29G havent decided (I could change this to a different tank size but it needs to be no more than 30 inches long and 19 inches wide)

And then the three tanks I currently have:

20L King Tiger tank (L066)
20H Community tank
10 Shrimp/Plant tank

The smaller (shorter 30B, 20L, 10) tanks will be on top.

I am not quite finished. The bottom/back/top are insulated. I am going to build detachable insulated sides and detachable acrylic fronts as well. I will have a temperature controller connect to a small portable air conditioner for the summer. My house doesn't have air conditioning and I didnt want to spend a few grand to install air conditioning in the whole house for the 2 weeks during the summer that it's "needed". I had an interesting time explaining to my wife why the fish need air conditioning and we don't though. Keeping the whole thing insulated should help keep the temperature fairly stable and easy to maintain.

I am also planning to install a pvc piping system for water changes. It will connect to a water pump in an empty tank I use to let water filter for a day before using for water changes.

Right now it is still in three large seperate pieces so that I can move it to the room I intend to put it in.

DanD
Groupie

Post by DanD »

Getting close to being done.

The white is the velcro used to hold the acrylic glass fronts . Definitely a home-made feel to it but I am really happy with how it turned out given this is my first time constructing anything this big.

discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Very nice! 8)
DanD
Groupie

Post by DanD »

Here's how it turned out.
John

Post by John »

Turned out very nice DanD, great looking breeding rack!
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]