Hello from Switzerland

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Line
Groupie

Hello from Switzerland

Post by Line »

Hello everybody !

My name is Line, 40 years old, born in Denmark but living in Switzerland for the last 9 years.

I had my first tank with 10, and since then I had tanks most of the time.

I started with plecos some 5 years ago. I had the best luck with the L134, which I breed in nice numbers. But ending up having little L134 youngsters in every single tank - in every corner - everywhere, I sold my breeding Group. My little wildcaught Zebragroup of 7 also started spawning and the first small numbers of zebra youngsters were growing well. I had more different kinds of plecos, which I also intended to breed.

Then the big diseaster. An unknown illness appeared. Without any reason at all. Though I had help from vets (hospital) and some plec's had to give their lifes to find out, what was wrong, though I got special antibiotica - nothing helped at all.

I was back at zero. All zebras gone and a lot more.

The tanks were empty. Actually - 1 single zebramale survived - because he couldn't behave, and I throw him in another tank.

What to do? Starting all over again - of course. What else? I bought 20 little Zebra youngsters at a very young age from a good friend and breeder. Their age is welldocumented and with 15,5 month of age they gave me the first little spawn. And they are still doing their best with a very young age.

I bought an adult female for my Zebra male and another 5 youngsters for their tank.

Now I'm happy to see fry and youngsters, and should I say, that I somehow let the tanks wait for them :wink: I love them.

I have just added some in my biggest tank. A nice group of Tetras and some Sturisoma Festivum. Seems to be a very good match. The sturisoma are also very sensibel but not the same shy. This gives an positive effect on the zebras.

Since the sturisomas dont use caves, there is no trouble here. I only have to take care, that they get their vegetables in the day and the zebras their meaty stuff in the night.

But let us see, it is still an rather new experiment.

Best regards
Line
John

Post by John »

Welcome Line :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

:D Welcome :D
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Nice to have you along, a big welcome :) .